+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECONSIDERATION LETTER REQUEST TO IRCC

Asifshah55

May 10, 2024
HI, I have applied for visitor visa as a family group of 6 members, invitation from my niece who is in Canada, applied on 1st may, biometric done on 6th May, right after two hours of biometric done, received refusal letters, I submitted a reconsideration request through webform, but only write on the form, there u can write not more than 1500 words, my question is this, is this OK or should I attached a reconsideration letter? Please help me in this regard
Kind regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI, I have applied for visitor visa as a family group of 6 members, invitation from my niece who is in Canada, applied on 1st may, biometric done on 6th May, right after two hours of biometric done, received refusal letters, I submitted a reconsideration request through webform, but only write on the form, there u can write not more than 1500 words, my question is this, is this OK or should I attached a reconsideration letter? Please help me in this regard
Kind regards
So is the group one family (spouse, children under 22)? What were reasons for refusal? Niec is not considered a family member. Reconsideration is for error in law so you explain the error in law. Don’t write more than asked because may not be opened. No timelines for reconsideration so don’t expect a response any time soon.

Asifshah55

May 10, 2024
So is the group one family (spouse, children under 22)? What were reasons for refusal? Niec is not considered a family member. Reconsideration is for error in law so you explain the error in law. Don’t write more than asked because may not be opened. No timelines for reconsideration so don’t expect a response any time soon.
Thanks for your reply, yes one family, & refusal letter says,
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay, its just after two hours of biometric done, I received email, but I m still confused that I wrote a reconsideration request on the webform in the column which was mentioned on the webform maximum words of 1500, so is it OK or I should upload a pdf letter?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply, yes one family, & refusal letter says,
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay, its just after two hours of biometric done, I received email, but I m still confused that I wrote a reconsideration request on the webform in the column which was mentioned on the webform maximum words of 1500, so is it OK or I should upload a pdf letter?
If you sent reconsideration request explaining the errors in law then don’t keep sending more documents. Wait and see if there is a response and whether your file is reopened.

Asifshah55

May 10, 2024
If you sent reconsideration request explaining the errors in law then don’t keep sending more documents. Wait and see if there is a response and whether your file is reopened.
Thank you very much for your valuable reply, is it mandatory to upload a letter or its OK what ever I wrote on webform?
Kind regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your valuable reply, is it mandatory to upload a letter or its OK what ever I wrote on webform?
Kind regards
I don’t know how you responded to respond to the error in law. Your refusal reason is generic so you would need GCMS notes because it can mean many things - funds, visit too long, no ties to return, family in Canada etc. Not sure why you went this route but it is your choice.

AananditaC

May 13, 2024
Hi, I am writing today to know if anyone faced an issue where they were issued a PGWP for 1 year instead of 3 years.
I got my PGWP on 25th January 2024 which is valid for 1 year i.e. till 24th January 2025.
However, I had applied for a PGWP of 3 years.
I have completed 2 Post Graduate Certificates in Ontario, Canada for PGWP eligible DLIs. My passport is expiring a couple of months before the expected PGWP expiry. That is, my passport is expiring in August 2026 and I am expecting a PGWP till January 2027. I know that in this case I will be issued a PGWP till August 2026 or a few months before that and then I have to extend it for the remaining months.

My problem is, why has IRCC given me a PGWP for only 1 year as my passport is valid for more than 2 years currently.

I have contacted IRCC agents on 1st February 2024 and raised multiple webforms as well. They keep telling me that my file has been sent to the office for review and the office will get back to me but its been 3 months now and I haven't heard back from them.

I don't know what to do next. I need advice from someone who has faced a similar situation or knows how to approach this. Please help!

CHAN1986

May 4, 2019
Hi my spouse is working in Noc b job I was applied work sowp with my dependent on dec 23 I was received refusal in May 2024 Reason
You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying TEER. Refused under R205(c)(ii).
But I was attached lmia and pay stubs Which are show TEER
Now i filled Reconsideration form and received automatically answer what will the next Process Can I Reapply because My dependent are 6yr and 10yr

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi my spouse is working in Noc b job I was applied work sowp with my dependent on dec 23 I was received refusal in May 2024 Reason
You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
Now i filled Reconsideration form and received automatically answer what will the next Process Can I Reapply because My dependent are 6yr and 10yr
You wait. There are no timelines for reconsideration. So children were approved.

Reactions: CHAN1986

CHAN1986

May 4, 2019

CHAN1986

May 4, 2019
Yes i was included work permit n lmia pay stubs job latter with original application permit will expire on 2026 for children i filed study permit application