+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received OINP, can I continue working for the U.S. company?

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi all. I got a notification of interest from Ontario today, and now I need to decide whether to accept it or not. I'm working here in the U.S. on STEM OPT, and I want to continue working for my company remotely even after moving to Ontario. My company is present in the U.S. only, with no offices in Canada. Can I do that or do I need to work only for a company located in Ontario? Thank you in advance.

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi all. I got a notification of interest from Ontario today, and now I need to decide whether to accept it or not. I'm working here in the U.S. on STEM OPT, and I want to continue working for my company remotely even after moving to Ontario. My company is present in the U.S. only, with no offices in Canada. Can I do that or do I need to work only for a company located in Ontario? Thank you in advance.
You can continue to work for your US company, if they are okay with that... No issues as for as Canada is concerned... Many work for US companies (being in Canada) either remotely or commute daily...

Reactions: hihello227

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
You can continue to work for your US company, if they are okay with that... No issues as for as Canada is concerned... Many work for US companies (being in Canada) either remotely or commute daily...
even if I got a nomination from the province?