+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RBC VIP banking

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
I have this account and paying $22.5 /month because I have mortgage with RBC and a locker. I want to know is there a way to get this fees waved do they consider this on request or no. I hate to pay monthly fees for banks so please share which other banking services is better in Canada and explain why and your personal experience.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
I can't speak of RBC and getting your fees waived, though i'd guess RBC has a similiar policy to other banks. Generally, there is a daily minimum you have to keep in your account to avoid the fees. (ie:$2500, $5000, etc) Pretty much ALL banks in canada has some sort of account fee.

President's Choice financial is the only bank I know of in canada that doesn't have bank fees. I am with you on the hating paying bank fees, so that's why i went with president's choice. it is backed by CIBC. It is pretty much an online bank account, and you can use CIBC bank machines without getting charged to deposit and withdraw money when there isn't a presiden't choice around. You can't use teller's though. Also, when you use the card to buy groceries or PC products, you get PC points towards free groceries. You can also have direct deposit, e-transfers, and there is an app where you can deposit checks from your phone. PC financial does have limited locations, so you would want to check out online if there are any in your area. PC Financial also offers savings accounts and mortgages, again, all backed by CIBC and following CIBC interest rates.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
I can't speak of RBC and getting your fees waived, though i'd guess RBC has a similiar policy to other banks. Generally, there is a daily minimum you have to keep in your account to avoid the fees. (ie:$2500, $5000, etc) Pretty much ALL banks in canada has some sort of account fee.

President's Choice financial is the only bank I know of in canada that doesn't have bank fees. I am with you on the hating paying bank fees, so that's why i went with president's choice. it is backed by CIBC. It is pretty much an online bank account, and you can use CIBC bank machines without getting charged to deposit and withdraw money when there isn't a presiden't choice around. You can't use teller's though. Also, when you use the card to buy groceries or PC products, you get PC points towards free groceries. You can also have direct deposit, e-transfers, and there is an app where you can deposit checks from your phone. PC financial does have limited locations, so you would want to check out online if there are any in your area. PC Financial also offers savings accounts and mortgages, again, all backed by CIBC and following CIBC interest rates.
Nice read