+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

Iim

Nov 27, 2011
I am already in Quebec and have been since late 2010 and I have a steady decent paying job, will I still have to show that I have 11k in my bank?

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
pk2ca said:
Dear members,

I am landing in Canada in August. We are a family of three so I will carry 8K CAD in cash and rest as bank statement (I know it is unadvisable but I have my reasons). The question is shall I declare that I am bringing more than 10,000 CAD or not because technically, I'd have less than 10K with me.

Secondly, my wife will join me later after month or two. If she is carrying less thank 10K CAD also, does we have to declare/mention it somewhere ?

Thanks
anyone ?

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
scorpion_ca said:
You don't need to declare if you carry less than $10k.
Thanks for your reply. But I'll eventually move funds to my Canadian account afterwards. Will that cause any problem ?

sameerkpatel125

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2013
qorax said:
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

Ps: This is just a personal opinion. Others may differ & offer a better advice.
thanx for such a nice info....+1 for this

HawkEye

Jan 16, 2010
peterj91 said:
There will be a separate counter for new emigrant passport control. They asked how much cash I had with me and and if any food stuff I brought to Canada. I had 1000 CAD. I will tell you why I carried only 1000 CAD.

NOBODY ASKED ABOUT PROOF OF FUND. They said they don't ask about it anymore.

HI, i am travelling this week and would like to know few things that i have quoted.

Firstly ,
There will be a separate counter for new emigrant passport control. They asked how much cash I had with me and and if any food stuff I brought to Canada. I had 1000 CAD. I will tell you why I carried only 1000 CAD.

NOBODY ASKED ABOUT PROOF OF FUND. They said they don't ask about it anymore.
--->

I have applied with my wife and now i am traveling alone so I would like to know if i could bring less amount of money than was depicted on the CIC website which for two is CAD $ 13837. Is it possible that i could bring less amount like CAD $ 6000 and later ask my wife to bring it along when she travels?

Secondly,
Then you collect your baggage. carry some coins with you if you can, because the luggage trolley cost 2 $ each. After collecting the baggage, go to customs. there you have to give the list of things you carrying now, and list of things you will bring later ( 2 copies each). If you intended to bring gold ornaments later, please do carry some photographs of those with you. Make sure the customs officer stamp and give you one copy of your list back to you. Keep them safe
---

IS there any examples to follow in this case . what would be case if my wife would be following later Do i need to prepare the list of her also and what about the jwellery item.

What does it mean by goods Accompained by you ( Does this include a 2 luggage as in this case of mine and hand carry) ?
What does it mean by another Good To Follow ( Is this the item my wife would be carrying)?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
pk2ca said:
Thanks for your reply. But I'll eventually move funds to my Canadian account afterwards. Will that cause any problem ?
Hi Buddy, I am afraid for a Bid NO.
They would like u to show actual funds at POE and later option wont be open then.
So plan

suryavanshi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/4/2010
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
6/3/2013
Med's Done....
on 30/3/2013 ECAS 3rd line on 15/4/13
Interview........
hopefully waived off (RPRF encashed on 17/4/13)
Passport Req..
6/3/2013 (sent complete application package to NDVO on 6/4/13 through DHL Blue Dart)
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet received
LANDED..........
God`s will
qorax said:

100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

:-*Dear qorax hats off to u for u r helping nature plz advice me too
Hi...bro,
Iam a new guy to this blog....as iam waiting for my passports and visas in India ( sent passports with complete application package in 4/2013 CAS showing 3rd line medical results have been received)till date not yet received visas.....for 4 persons i shown proof of funds as a fixed deposit for 3 months...as FD`s validity is already expired last month....i thought will get visas in 45 days....so i did like this...plz bro give your opinion `will this affects in visa granting if they contact bank(i.e rejection of visa) or visa office will contact me to show funds again...thanks in advance

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Its fine, I had done same thing last year keeping for 1 year

They will not contact bank in any case

suryavanshi said:
Hi...bro,
Iam a new guy to this blog....as iam waiting for my passports and visas in India ( sent passports with complete application package in 4/2013 CAS showing 3rd line medical results have been received)till date not yet received visas.....for 4 persons i shown proof of funds as a fixed deposit for 3 months...as FD`s validity is already expired last month....i thought will get visas in 45 days....so i did like this...plz bro give your opinion `will this affects in visa granting if they contact bank(i.e rejection of visa) or visa office will contact me to show funds again...thanks in advance

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
suryavanshi said:
Hi...bro,
the banks would not disclose your details for visa purposes as client account details are confidential.....only in severe situations such as criminal investigations...etc

suryavanshi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/4/2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
6/3/2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
6/3/2013 (sent complete application package to NDVO on 6/4/13 through DHL Blue Dart)
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet received
LANDED..........
God`s will
coolguy2010 said:
Its fine, I had done same thing last year keeping for 1 year

They will not contact bank in any case
:-*thank you cool guy2010 for u r valuble info.,but...i could not understand u r line`keeping for 1 year' thanx once agian in advance

suryavanshi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/4/2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
6/3/2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet received
LANDED..........
God`s will
emamabd said:
the banks would not disclose your details for visa purposes as client account details are confidential.....only in severe situations such as criminal investigations...etc
Thank you emamabd for reply

lanegrapaisa

Dec 19, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to ask a really stupid question. The funds to show at POE; I'm taking cash, does it have to be in CAD? can't I just bring the equivalent in USD?

Thank you for you help.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Its not stupid but wise question and yes u can carry us$, euro, etc

For us$, its same value as ca$. I have done same thing

lanegrapaisa said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to ask a really stupid question. The funds to show at POE; I'm taking cash, does it have to be in CAD? can't I just bring the equivalent in USD?

Thank you for you help.

1976js

Aug 17, 2013
Hi qorax,

plz inform whether submitting as POF alongwith the medicals, is it okay to submit evaluation of property in own/ spouse name as proof of funds. Though not in liquid form but if someone intends to sale off when one finally gets visa, it is a source of fund...plz throw some light.

qorax said:

Bank Statement/s as POF:

I hope that helped...
Qorax