+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time at New York City consulate

Aisha G

Aug 25, 2012
stud_visa said:
congrats!! I received my student visa today!!! Yeah! Very happy. They took exact 6 weeks. Wait was worth it. Guys hang in there and you'll get yours too. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! I am so worried still. I submitted my application June 21st and I still do not get it now. The school orientation starts tomorrow? I am so worried..

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Hi,

I have submitted my TRV application at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012.
I was told that the decision will be announced on Thursday, 23rd August 2012.
The only reason for me to come to New York all the way from Iowa was to get the passport as soon as possible. I'm now concerned about my passport as I do not have any track of it. I was not even given any receipt at the consulate after submitting my application for TRV.
I have submitted a paid USPS return envelope to be mailed to me as I cannot go to the consulate on Thursday.

Even I am planning to visit consulate in New York to get my passport, as do not have any proof of my application (like receipt #) what should I say there? What all details or documents they may ask me to provide?

Any Help truly appreciated.

ashu1406

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
dlsfloor said:
my wp from june 18th still waiting for responde!
Hi,

did you get your work permit? i had sent mine to the LA consulate on july11th. Like NY consulate, it also says 30 days processing time, but i haven't received any response from them yet.

wise

Sep 20, 2012
Sent my TRV application by mail on Aug 2nd and they received it on the 3rd. It took 47 days including weekends and holidays for them to mail my passport and i received it the next day! cheers

vvisa1

Sep 24, 2012
I applied for a visitor visa - docs sent July 16th, 2012 accepted July 18th,2012.
Got 1 solitary email from them on Aug 20 (1 month after application was submitted) saying that further checks are required that may delay processing and that was about it. Tried several emails but (just like everyone else) no response from them. 52 business days as of today...The wait continues...

mamuka_kh

Mar 10, 2011
hi, need your advice. I arrived to USA 2 weeks ago under Visitor Visa (B2, Multi, 10 years). My wife studies here and it's a reason of my visit now and in the future too. During my stay in USA I want to visit to Canada as a tourist. May I apply for Canada TRV in New York, when I have US Visitor Visa?

thanks in advance

shonamac

Oct 3, 2012
Hi,

I am an Indian Citizen living in Minneapolis.My L1 Visa is expiring end of Oct 2012.

1. Can I apply for a Canadian visa now?
2. Does NY Embassy provide tourist visa on same day if appeared in person? We got it same day in 2010.Not sure if the same works now.

Need info :)

mannu2001

Oct 16, 2012
In my opinion, its best to apply for the canadian TRV (tourist visa) in person. I submitted my application last Thursday (Oct 11th) and I picked my passport yesterday (Oct 15th). They always give priority to walk in application than mail in ones. I am here on H1B. few pointers that helped me
- Always have the bar code page ready for the main appilcation (IMM5257E) just click "validate" and bar code will be generated on page 5 of application. It helps in faster processing. Do not hand fill the application!
- Fill out the family information form. Its very important.
- Make sure you provide them with enough proof that you will return back from Canada (I provided my employment letter and pay slips)
- Disregard the notice on the consulate website that they dont accept walk in applications anymore. That notice is for temporaty resident permit (TRP) not for temporary resident visa (TRV).
- there is a 2 - 3 day processing time even for a walk in. so essentially you are just dropping off your application and picking it up in 2-3 days. so if you are visiting from far away, make plans accordingly. Mail in takes more processing.

All the best. :)

haoranlu

Sep 25, 2012
hello there, i sent my passport on Sep 24 and they get it on Sep 28. I'm still waiting, can anyone tell me when will i get my passport back? I heard nothing from the Canadian Consulate New York. Should I at least get an e-mail or something tell me that they got my passport? Can someone help?

nzl5071

Nov 5, 2012
Do anyone know the office hour of the consulate during thanksgiving week. I have walk in the office to submit my application on OCT 25th and still not hearing anything from them. the office has closed for one week due to the huricane and I don't have time until thanks giving week which is November 18th to 24th. I really need help and can someone tell me approximately when can I get my visa back. Thank you so much

sunyangkobe

Nov 12, 2012
I mailed my application on Oct. 3rd and have heard nothing from them by now... anyone know how to reach them to ask for the application status? i sent many emails and got nothing replied... I urgently need my passport and visa for an awards night in my school on Nov.28th. any chance to get them before that date ? i see many people are complaining, but any update on recent processing time?

chicha24

Nov 15, 2012
In person submission means Do I have to be there or Can My friend in NY submit the application on behalf of me?

Please reply. Thanks!