+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter (PFL) - Misrepresentation

dapo43

Mar 21, 2019
I got a PFL to explain why I didn’t include my deceased son in our family info. Do you think this information is material to my application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got a PFL to explain why I didn’t include my deceased son in our family info. Do you think this information is material to my application?
Does PFL mention a 5 year ban? Yes it is very important if you didn’t include it since that is misrepresentation. A PFL is serious. You need to respond and explain why you didn’t include the information, and then include all supporting documents.

dapo43

Mar 21, 2019
I have responded stating that my spouse is still going through some emotional trauma from his death and I sent proof of his death certificate, grave documents from the therapists. Secondly, I don’t think this kind of misrepresentation is material to the application and it cannot induce any error in the outcome of the application since he’s late.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have responded stating that my spouse is still going through some emotional trauma from his death and I sent proof of his death certificate, grave documents from the therapists. Secondly, I don’t think this kind of misrepresentation is material to the application and it cannot induce any error in the outcome of the application since he’s late.
So sorry for your loss. Hopefully your response is approved and PFL overturned.