+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR support LMIA

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Congratulations!! Finally
Can you share timelines?
Application Submitted on OCTOBER 3rd, 2023
Officer Reached out for additional paperwork on MARCH 5th, 2024 at 11 a.m.
Sent LMIA Letter on same day, MARCH 5th, 2024 at 3 p.m.

The status changed from "Queued to Assessment" to directly "Decision Rendered". I didn't have any "Assessment in Process" status.

Hope that helps.

I'd like to also share another point... unless your overall score after receiving a positive LMIA is above 535 points... don't stress or rush the process because now, I'm at 523 and even though having an LMIA will not get me an ITA in the next general draw. The point is, I, regardless have to wait until the scores drop. This delay isn't effecting you much because of the higher EE draws, is the brighter side.

Kajal rana

Nov 1, 2022

The status changed from "Queued to Assessment" to directly "Decision Rendered". I didn't have any "Assessment in Process" status.

Hope that helps.

I'd like to also share another point... unless your overall score after receiving a positive LMIA is above 535 points... don't stress or rush the process because now, I'm at 523 and even though having an LMIA will not get me an ITA in the next general draw. The point is, I, regardless have to wait until the scores drop. This delay isn't effecting you much because of the higher EE draws, is the brighter side.
Agreeed!

hope i will get mine soon too

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Congratulations.

I just have one question, what additional documents they asked for?

Hope that helps.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
They asked my employer to submit my previous 6 weeks pay slips.
I just have a quick question.. if you don't mind answering...

I am on PGWP, which is set to expire in 15 months. So, a little background for myself:

1) With IELTS 7778 (which I'll be prepping for in the coming months) I can probably get 480 points in express entry (given that I get 1 year work experience in my current job which I just started
2) I am on 6 months probation (and that will end in September of this year)
3) My median income based in my region in Ottawa (is like $1.50 lower than what needs to be the requirement) but I plan on discussing this with my employer after my probation and also discuss LMIA

my question is, should I apply for PR support LMIA or work permit extension LMIA (I am confused between these 2)

Also, should I go through an immigration lawyer to help the employer do all the process so it's not a hassle for the employer?

I don't have any past experience abroad or in Canada before this in Teer category 0,1 2 or 3 in order to get points for that so working at my present employer until Feb 2025 would give me that 1 year experience Canadian experience.

I am also not eligible for any Ontario PNP programs after this June..

Lastly, if your work permit expired and you are not working with your employer, how are you managing to stay in Canada waiting for your LMIA decision, unless you applied for a visitor visa or something?

Would love your input, thank you!

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
I just have a quick question.. if you don't mind answering...

I am on PGWP, which is set to expire in 15 months. So, a little background for myself:

1) With IELTS 7778 (which I'll be prepping for in the coming months) I can probably get 480 points in express entry (given that I get 1 year work experience in my current job which I just started
2) I am on 6 months probation (and that will end in September of this year)
3) My median income based in my region in Ottawa (is like $1.50 lower than what needs to be the requirement) but I plan on discussing this with my employer after my probation and also discuss LMIA

my question is, should I apply for PR support LMIA or work permit extension LMIA (I am confused between these 2)

Also, should I go through an immigration lawyer to help the employer do all the process so it's not a hassle for the employer?

I don't have any past experience abroad or in Canada before this in Teer category 0,1 2 or 3 in order to get points for that so working at my present employer until Feb 2025 would give me that 1 year experience Canadian experience.

I am also not eligible for any Ontario PNP programs after this June..

Lastly, if your work permit expired and you are not working with your employer, how are you managing to stay in Canada waiting for your LMIA decision, unless you applied for a visitor visa or something?

Would love your input, thank you!
Honestly, PR support LMIA would cost 0 dollars whereas the dual intent would cost about a grand (1k). If your employer is willing to pay the money, on top of going through the Job Bank/Interviewing process, then go with Dual Intent i.e. work permit, otherwise just PR Support should work, if you're at 480 right now, 50 more points should get u at 530 - which is not the best for current draws but there's good chance you'll get a draw for an ITA in future.

Lawyer is also a preference. All I can say is... if the business is not complicated, you can DIY, however if your employer is not confident about the paperwork then definitely get a Lawyer. My company is active since 20 years and they've been audited in the past more than a couple of times. It helped them to do it by themselves as they're thorough with their papers.

I applied for a visitor's visa.

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
Honestly, PR support LMIA would cost 0 dollars whereas the dual intent would cost about a grand (1k). If your employer is willing to pay the money, on top of going through the Job Bank/Interviewing process, then go with Dual Intent i.e. work permit, otherwise just PR Support should work, if you're at 480 right now, 50 more points should get u at 530 - which is not the best for current draws but there's good chance you'll get a draw for an ITA in future.

Lawyer is also a preference. All I can say is... if the business is not complicated, you can DIY, however if your employer is not confident about the paperwork then definitely get a Lawyer. My company is active since 20 years and they've been audited in the past more than a couple of times. It helped them to do it by themselves as they're thorough with their papers.

I applied for a visitor's visa.

Thank you so much for your response.

Mahe12345

May 5, 2024
I have applied PR support LMIA on Dec-15th and its in q - Assessments status only .. Does anyone can answer what is processing time now a days

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied PR support LMIA on Dec-15th and its in q - Assessments status only .. Does anyone can answer what is processing time now a days
So you are the employer who applied for an employee? PR supported LMIA may take longer because it is not dual intent. What is NOC?