+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Questions

denisetoh

Feb 5, 2018
Hi there!

I am doing my PR renewal online and I have 2 questions that I am confused about.

1) Do I need to destroy my PR card and take a picture to upload it? I saw some information that I just hold on to it and upload the image and wait for the instruction to destroy the old one when I receive the new card.

2) For residency obligation, I got my PR on April 18th, 2019. Due to Covid I only travelled twice in from the day I got my PR till today and it's only 19 days altogether. Do I need to upload NOA documents or bank statements? If yes, what time period of it should I upload?

Thank you all so much in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No. This has been confusing to some, but you do NOT need to destroy your valid PR Card.

2. You need to provide 2 pieces of evidence that you have resided in Canada during the previous 5 year period from the day the application is submitted. This does NOT mean 5 years worth of evidence. Simply chose two documents from two periods of time within that 5 year window. A single NOA and a single bank statement would seem to satisfy this minimum requirement.

Reactions: dpenabill