+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Anukaur789

Star Member
Mar 27, 2024
If it helps I just called IRCC and the agent said if I dont get p2 by end of this month you can call them and they can put a note to receive it faster. I got p1 on 8th April Montreal VO. And if you received it last month then you should call and they might be able to do something.
I do call them everyday but they keep saying that it is not in their hands. they don't have any set timelines:confused:

• Wow
Reactions: Mahir009

ELCR

Apr 25, 2024
If it helps I just called IRCC and the agent said if I dont get p2 by end of this month you can call them and they can put a note to receive it faster. I got p1 on 8th April Montreal VO. And if you received it last month then you should call and they might be able to do something.
Is there a way you could post their number? Does it matter if we are different VOs? Mine is Montreal. Thanks!

Garnacho7

Dec 21, 2023
Don't stress it. It took me quite a few hours to get the follow up email. I got my eCOPR first thing on Friday (like 6AM PST) last week and then the follow up was just after noon (PST again) :)
Heyy I got mine on Monday but I never got the second email. Could you (or anyone else) give me a summary of what the email says? Is there any important information I need to know from it?

ParasArora273

Apr 23, 2024
No i didn't receive it yet. Have you received ? People who got P1 before 10th april, they got their P2 in 3-5 days. I don't know what is the processing time right now.
No, Not Yet.

I was also in the same impression that we will get in a week as everyone from Etobicoke VO was getting it.

Please update here also if there's any update.

chrispybox

Nov 14, 2023
Heyy I got mine on Monday but I never got the second email. Could you (or anyone else) give me a summary of what the email says? Is there any important information I need to know from it?
Huh, that doesn't sound right. Did you check your junk? ;)

However, this was what I got. I do not know if this is the same for everyone.

Instructions for your eCoPR document:
  • Verify the information on your eCoPR document. If you find any errors on your eCOPR, you must submit a request to amend information contained in the confirmation of permanent residence.
  • Please be advised that there are limited characters to display on the eCoPR. There may be birthplaces or names on your eCoPR that are not displayed in their entirety. The full information is correctly entered in our system.
  • Print your eCoPR document and keep it in a safe place as you will need it to apply for your Old Age Security benefits upon retiring. Even if you become a Canadian citizen, the Government of Canada may request your eCoPR document.
  • Please note that you have 30 days to print your eCoPR after that it will no longer be accessible to you.
  • Before printing, ensure that you have the most recent version of Adobe reader.
  • Sign and date by hand the CLIENT COPY of the eCoPR document at the bottom of the page under the IRCC officer electronic signature. Electronic signatures and dates will not be accepted.
    • The client (14 years of age or older) must sign and date the COPR. A parent/legal guardian must sign for children under the age of 14 years.
Important information:

As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, you have up to 180 days from the day you became a permanent resident to provide your photo and address in order for us to produce your first PR card. However, the sooner you provide us with the requested information, the sooner we will issue your PR card.
  • If you have waited six weeks longer than the normal PR Card processing time and you still have not received your PR card, you can submit a Solemn Declaration.
  • The Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal status will continue to display as “Ready for Review” until your PR card is sent to your Canadian address.
  • Your eCoPR is not a valid document for travelling, you need to wait for your PR card before leaving Canada.
  • You can find answers to additional questions in the Help Centre or by contacting our Client Support Centre.
  • If you travel outside Canada, you will need to show your PR card and your passport when you come back on a commercial carrier, like an airplane, boat, train, or bus. If you are currently outside Canada and do not have a valid PR card to return to Canada on a commercial carrier, you need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document.
  • If you are a refugee in Canada without a passport and need to travel outside Canada, you will need to apply for a Refugee Travel Document from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
  • In order to maintain your Canadian PR status, you must live in Canada for a minimum of two out of five years. Please see details on residency requirements.
You can apply for the following documents with your eCoPR document:
  • Social Insurance Number: You can apply to Service Canada to request a social insurance number with your eCoPR document. If you have a social insurance number starting with a “9”, you should request a permanent social insurance number.
  • Health card: Visit your provincial website to find more information on how to obtain your Health card.
  • Driver’s licence: Visit your provincial website to find more information on how to obtain your Driver’s licence.
  • Provincial identification (ID) card: Visit your provincial website to find more information on how to obtain your provincial ID card.

Reactions: Garnacho7