+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate for foreign country?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
What if I am unable to provide a Police Certificate for a country that I have been living in for over 6 months?

This is my situation:

(a) I am planning on applying for a Temporary Work Permit.

(b) I have however been (legally) living & working in a foreign country for the past 2.5 years (traveling back and forth to my country of birth for vacation etc). I have spent more than 6 consecutive months in the foreign country.

(c) I have since left the foreign country and I am now back in my country of birth.

Based on my country of birth (and current residence), the Kingston, Jamaica VO would be responsible for my application.

Based on the Kingston, Jamaica VO requirements, I will (also) need to provide a police certificate for the foreign country I have been working in for the past 2.5 years.

My question is, since I am no longer living & working in the foreign country and it is not possible for me to obtain a police certificate for the time I spent in the foreign country, how do I proceed with my visa application?

(There doesn't see to be any provision in the application process for this particular of situation)

OHboy

Dec 30, 2010
I'm not sure what country you are talking about, but I had a similar situation and had to mail fingerprints to obtain police checks to both countries that I had previously lived in. It wasn't really a big deal - the process was pretty easy.

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
You can apply in the embassy of that country if they have one in Jamaica.or find the closest place where they have embassy.For my austrian pcc i applied in Austrian embassy in Washington.