+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please i need urgent help! PLEASE

plshelpme47

Jul 10, 2009
Hi, Guys and thanks to every one who is readying this,

Myself and my son(minor) applied for citizenship together but my son was living outside canada for over 6 months but he was a permanent resident of canada and he was here for 2.4 years and finished his grade 10th from canada, and currently with his mom outside canada doing 12th ( because she was alone so i had to do this ).We gathered all documents and also got a letter written from his school principal that he is a student and submitted the application. I got letters and now i wrote my citizenship test on 25th may 2009. I am worried because i am still receiving the same thing IN PROCESS and same for my son. But most of the people who are my freinds and went with me have got thier citizenship ceremony done by now. and today is 10th july 2009 and no news. I am worried because my son wants to live in canada even if he does his graduation from outside canada. Is thier any problem with it or this is normal because his collage will start and he wont be able to attend ceremony if he gets too.

please kindly replay i would be verythankful.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a minor, your son does not need to have spent 3 years in Canada as a PR as long as you did. Since you were called for a test, everything should be ok with your application. If you passed, they will send you a letter to appear for oath (as well as your son). When I did it, I was told that the ceremony is normally 2-4 months after the test. You will not really know until you get the letter. My letter gave me a ceremony date 2 weeks later.

My advice, no matter what your son is doing at the time you get the letter for ceremony, get him back to Canada in time to attend. You can not pick a ceremony date that is convenient for you (or him). If he has to re-schedule, he has to give a good reason why he could not attend and they will re-schedule at a time convenient for them. This may be in one year and it may not be convenient for him then either. Somehow Canada assumes that citizenship is important enough for you to make your plans to their convenience and not the other way around.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plshelpme47 said:
thanks leon but when can i expect my citizenship ceremony to be.
Did you read my earlier post where I said that I was told that the ceremony is normally 2-4 months after the test? If you want a better answer, go down to your local CIC office and ask them. Their timeline may be different than mine.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
plshelpme47 said:
thanks leon but when can i expect my citizenship ceremony to be.
Did you read my earlier post where I said that I was told that the ceremony is normally 2-4 months after the test? If you want a better answer, go down to your local CIC office and ask them. Their timeline may be different than mine.
The OPs problem probably is that the son is not resident in Canada, which he has to be for citizenship as it appears he is attending school overseas.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt it's a problem. He's temporarily not resident in Canada while attending school and would they even know?

plshelpme47

Jul 10, 2009
oh no but i included a letter from the principal from the overseas school that my son is studying there because they asked me reason why he is outside for over 6 months in the form. now what

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They let you take your citizenship test, didn't they so that is good news. You are totally jumping the gun here. It's only 1.5 months since you took the test. I was told ceremony in 2-4 months after test. Your local CIC office may even have a longer timeline than that. If you haven't heard anything 3 months after the test, ask your local CIC office when you can expect it. They will give you some idea. If you still haven't heard anything at the point of the timeline they give you, say they tell you it can take up to 6 months and it's already 6 months and you haven't heard, then you can ask them again. In the meantime, relax, enjoy the summer. Nothing is going to happen before it's time no matter how much you ask and worry.

plshelpme47

Jul 10, 2009
leon thanks alot for answering , may god bless you and give u all the success you deserve in the world.

i am really thankful.