+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Travel Document - Help required

Nov 16, 2018
2 month ago - I booked my flight to Barcelona and Madrid - from Edmonton
1 month ago - I lost my PR card in - Edmonton
1 month ago - Immediately I applied for PR card in 'Urgent' - Still no reply - 'View' button is frozen

Now, my trip is scheduled on 12th of May 2024 - Duration - 7 days only.12 days to go !
I have not heard back from PR card replacement and I lost my hope that I will get it on time.

'Plan B' :(
My fried gave a suggestion that I apply for a Travel document (TD). Problem is, travel document is only applicable if I am applying from outside Canada.
Can someone please suggest if this is possible ?

Today - I will apply for travel document stating I am in Spain and get the process initiated .
After 12 days - Leave Canada without my PR card
Once I arrive in Spain , go to center and submit my passport immediately.

I am not sure this will work, can someone please guide me ?

Thank you in advance. :)

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks for response and your time.

:( That is my last resort. But I have paid my tickets and lose my travel ticket and stay fees. Thats the reason I am planning to see possible option.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plan E: proceed the trip without valid document, might need to extend stay until you get proper document to return to Canada.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2 month ago - I booked my flight to Barcelona and Madrid - from Edmonton
1 month ago - I lost my PR card in - Edmonton
1 month ago - Immediately I applied for PR card in 'Urgent' - Still no reply - 'View' button is frozen

Now, my trip is scheduled on 12th of May 2024 - Duration - 7 days only.12 days to go !
I have not heard back from PR card replacement and I lost my hope that I will get it on time.

'Plan B' :(
My fried gave a suggestion that I apply for a Travel document (TD). Problem is, travel document is only applicable if I am applying from outside Canada.
Can someone please suggest if this is possible ?

Today - I will apply for travel document stating I am in Spain and get the process initiated .
After 12 days - Leave Canada without my PR card
Once I arrive in Spain , go to center and submit my passport immediately.

I am not sure this will work, can someone please guide me ?

Thank you in advance. :)
Have a read through this thread:https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-urgent-application-processing-time.790981/
and possibly, this one:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/prtd-application-submitted-in-canada-success-story.794260/

While IRCC has yet to confirm any changes regarding PRTD applications, there have been successful applicants applying while still in Canada.

*If you submit a PRTD from Canada stating that you are in Spain...that is a recipe for disaster!! Do NOT do that! Misrepresentation can be a killer for you and your PR status!

Last edited: