+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PCC after marriage in Canada

Reet05

Dec 6, 2023
Me and my partner got married in canada. We both now have to apply for PCC. Can we put single in status for PCC as we don’t want to tell our family back home about marriage yet. Will this create any problem in the PR application or this not an issue for that?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Me and my partner got married in canada. We both now have to apply for PCC. Can we put single in status for PCC as we don’t want to tell our family back home about marriage yet. Will this create any problem in the PR application or this not an issue for that?
What are you applying for? Doesn't sound like spousal sponsorship - sponsor doesn't usually have to apply for PCC. Ask in the apporpriate forum.

And why would applying for a PCC notify your family at home? Sounds like this is something specific about the country of origin.

Reactions: YVR123
Mar 3, 2021
I am a PR in canada and my partner is on close work permit in canada so now we got married in canada and are planning to apply for PCC for him. So in the status should it be single or married as we didnt get married in india yet.