+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passed Medical exam but got disappeared suddenly.

Syed Pasha

Nov 20, 2022
So, when I opened my profile few days back, I saw that my profile was updated with medical as passed. Today, I got an email from them to check my application status and when I opened it, I don't see the pass status anymore. it is showing again as "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes" However, I see that my biometric date and number is updated in my profile? is anyone on the same boat like me?
AOR: 5th December 22 - CEC

thielethi

Jan 17, 2023
So, when I opened my profile few days back, I saw that my profile was updated with medical as passed. Today, I got an email from them to check my application status and when I opened it, I don't see the pass status anymore. it is showing again as "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes" However, I see that my biometric date and number is updated in my profile? is anyone on the same boat like me?
Hi! We are in the same boat :(
The same happened with our application. Our AOR is dated November 19th. I opened the profile every day and on December 2nd updated the exams, our number was updated and linked our biometrics. But a day later my husband (main applicant) received an update email and when I accessed the profile and the medical passed was gone. Now since then we continue without any updates.
I think maybe it's because our exams are overdue, as we did when we forwarded the study visa in 2021. But I'm apprehensive.

Mo_fazz

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hi

I have had a similar update. From what I have gathered reading other threads and posts, they are called "Ghost Updates" or GU's. They are apparently common and happen when either medicals/biometrics are linked to our application.
Although it may vary from case to case, I am being told GUs are another measure of progress on your applications.

Cheers!

Reactions: thielethi

sumit98

Feb 22, 2023
This happened with me also. I got the application update that you passed the medical exam but after 4 days it’s disappeared. What about your medical, is it updated again or not yet?

kameshkrish

Feb 23, 2023
Hello,
This happened to me also. I have seen that my medical status as "passed" on Feb21st. But Feb 22nd, I received a mail from IRCC that my profile has some updates in it. So after that when I see, my medicals has updated from passed to "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes". But still biometrics and UCI got updated in my profile.
My medicals was taken during 2020 when I applied for my study permit, but still IRCC is accepting that under special policy and I received an email also stating that if I have medicals from the last 5 years, I can use that for my PR application.
So question is that whether I need to take medical test again or wait for request from IRCC? If anyone has experienced the same situation, your comments will be helpful!

Pari13

Aug 10, 2022
Hello,
This happened to me also. I have seen that my medical status as "passed" on Feb21st. But Feb 22nd, I received a mail from IRCC that my profile has some updates in it. So after that when I see, my medicals has updated from passed to "You do not need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes". But still biometrics and UCI got updated in my profile.
My medicals was taken during 2020 when I applied for my study permit, but still IRCC is accepting that under special policy and I received an email also stating that if I have medicals from the last 5 years, I can use that for my PR application.
So question is that whether I need to take medical test again or wait for request from IRCC? If anyone has experienced the same situation, your comments will be helpful!
Hi,

Have you heard back from IRCC?

Pari13

Aug 10, 2022
Hello,
Hi,

Have you heard back from IRCC
Any further updates?

Techtech

Nov 21, 2022
Same happened with me. Did it get updated later on for anyone?
No worries, old medical is normal. CIO passed old medical on the status of R10, and then message was changed from passed medical to do not need medical once transferring to your local office. LVO will decide to pass or not for medical. Just wait for result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mml.07

kameshkrish

Feb 23, 2023
Same happened with me. Did it get updated later on for anyone?
Its normal that this change happens to almost all who applied with the old medical documents. In the next update you will find that your medical has been completed in the PR tracker and gradually in GCKey too. So no need to worry. All the best.