+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Trinity_123

Mar 14, 2023
Finally the process comes to a happy end! December 2022 applicant, in-land and reviewed in London, ON. Got the eCOPR for my parent yesterday. Now we will wait for the PR card. Thank you everyone on this forum for all the updates and hope everyone get the desired outcome soon.

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Processing time dropped to 20 months today. May 19th will be 17 months since I submitted my application. Hopefully, I'll see some action from the Montreal VO soon.
At another forum, I saw some cases were invited on Oct 2023, they were requested passport on April 2024. Less than half a year, their cases are complete.

anees28991

Jun 30, 2022
hello we got PPR but the main applicant is back home and the dependent child is in canada as a student . can they send passport copies to 2 different offices ?
Hi my case is similar to yours, have you sent passport to two different offices? Dependent in Canada to Ottawa and PA in home country? Thanks

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
At another forum, I saw some cases were invited on Oct 2023, they were requested passport on April 2024. Less than half a year, their cases are complete.
May be you are talking about Mississauga office. That office usually moves files which will take longer elsewhere. And they put some random statement that based on blah blah we are moving your file to xyz office. Then the next office moves that file to the end of their priority queue. Anyways government has a monopoly in this marketplace so service standards are non existent. No matter what all the stats say they are just to fool the public (who anyways understands the truth). I do not think any private industry will be in business if they had such service standards.

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
Processing time dropped to 20 months today. May 19th will be 17 months since I submitted my application. Hopefully, I'll see some action from the Montreal VO soon.
The processing time starts after they receive complete application, that would be when you receive your file number right (AOR) ?

Reactions: BienCanada

babkar787

Dec 3, 2023
Please help

Hey guys, so my parents are Vancouver applicants and they finally got their medical requests after receiving AOR on March 2023. However, my mom will be doing here medical examinations back home and traveling to Canada and stay with me on super visa and help me look after my kids but my Dad will stay back until his PR application is complete. What will happen when both of them get their passport requests? Do my mother needs to go back home again until her passport requests and both parents travel back to Canada to get their Permanent residency or my mother can cross US border and get her PR from inside Canada and my father can fly to Canada and get his PR at the airport? They don't have to be traveling together, do they?

Selectedfew

Oct 20, 2014
Hello everyone,

I applied in October 2022. I learnt today that my PGP2022 file was transferred from Montreal to Etobicoke 2 months ago with Montreal as primary VO. I am worried as news from Etobicoke does not sound promising.

I can’t find any tracker for applications in Etobicoke . Does anyone have a whatsapp group or tracker I can view for processing time .

thank you

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
I have also been waiting with no response from Ottawa office for a while now. So I decided to get help through my MP office and they came back stating that my mother's application will take "27 months" to process. Background check is in progress. My mom was govt teacher. May be because of that her application is taking so long, I don't know what else to do at this point. Super frustrated!