+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Anybody from Vancouver office still waiting?
I believe there are so many of us including me here waiting from Vancouver office. I submitted my application in Nov 2021. Medical expired but no re-medical requested, no other documents requested, just silence since June 2023

-D

Reactions: Mayamy

Mayamy

Jul 31, 2022
I believe there are so many of us including me here waiting from Vancouver office. I submitted my application in Nov 2021. Medical expired but no re-medical requested, no other documents requested, just silence since June 2023

-D
Me too still waiting from Vancouver office.. I submitted my application in November 2021 .. Piomatric will expire on 15 May .. I did the medical on 8 April 2024 .. 30 months waiting till know

detrtonca

Nov 16, 2018
Anybody from Vancouver office still waiting?
Our application was at Vancouver office too. We got pre-arrival and additional document request (travel history for my mom, which we included in the app so dont really know why) in November 2023, then there was no update. Then in late Feb 2024 we submitted a web form politely stating that it had passed 2 years and asking for updates. Maybe this web form prompted some action as we got update in late March and PPR earlier this week. I'd say try submitting a web form or call them to prod them a bit.

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
Received information letter stating only my father’s name asking for passport submission. Do i need to prepare 3 different envelopes or 1 envelope for passport submission?

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

ramonju

Apr 5, 2022
Just an update on my parents PGP application. After remedical was done last Wednesday, we got new requests coming from IRCC asking for Schedule A again, and four requests for police clearances. Anyone encountered this before with regards to police clearance? My parents are only here as tourists and haven't been in the country for more than a month. Just so happened that they did their medicals here since it's more convenient and time efficient.

harmanvirk6

Jan 14, 2019
Hello Everyone, posting here for the first time, need your help and expert opinion, Application processing as below, File is with Vancouver Visa Office, received on November 23, 2021 and got a re-medical request for my mom & dad on Jan. 05, 2024, as previous medical expired in Nov. 2023 and they were both in Canada at the time with return tickets for Jan. 20, 2024, they both went back and did re-medical on Feb. 02, 2024. Dad's Creatinine was higher as per the doctor so was asked to repeat the test after 2 months and got re-test for ACR & creatinine level on April 10, 2024 and Hospital sent to IRCC on April 17, 2024, As per the attending doc in the hospital his creatinine level was similar and should be ok, but how long would it take to reflect on IRCC portal about the result of the medical?

Application summitted : Nov. 23 2021
AOR : March 10, 2022
Additional Docs : June 10, 2022
PCC request: August 28 2022
PCC upload: Sep. 20, 2022
Medical Request: September 28, 2022
Medical Done: October 05, 2022
Dad's Medical Passed in November 2022
Additional Medical for Mom: November 2022 ( lung x-ray & Sputum)
Mom Medical Passed: February 15, 2023
Pre-Arrival email: March 10, 2023
Re-Medical request : January 05, 2024
Medical Completed : Feb. 02, 2024
Additional Medical Test request for Dad: February 20, 2024
Repeated Test given: April 10, 2024
Additional Docs request Background doc request: March 05, 2024
Submitted additional Doc: March 28, 2024
PGP processing at: Vancouver.

wolffang

Mar 15, 2020
Just an update on my parents PGP application. After remedical was done last Wednesday, we got new requests coming from IRCC asking for Schedule A again, and four requests for police clearances. Anyone encountered this before with regards to police clearance? My parents are only here as tourists and haven't been in the country for more than a month. Just so happened that they did their medicals here since it's more convenient and time efficient.
Hi, if you havent received police clearance request letter for Canada PCC, I dont think you need to do the RCMP police certificate. I think usually, IRCC does not request Canada PCC.

Reactions: YVR123

RSILANGA

Mar 27, 2021
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
cpc mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-12-2021
Doc's Request.
09-06-2022
AOR Received.
09-06-2022
Hello everyone, hope you are all fine despite of long waiting since 2021! Praying to have more patience and endurance to check everyday status of our parental sponsorship application. Do we have the means to do signature campaign asking benevolent consideration from IRCC? Very frustrating for 2021 applications to experienced this kind of dilemma. My application was forwarded to Montreal last August 2023 after that no movement until today. I did already contacted and get help from local MP but no movement yet.

Reactions: FatemaS

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Hello everyone, hope you are all fine despite of long waiting since 2021! Praying to have more patience and endurance to check everyday status of our parental sponsorship application. Do we have the means to do signature campaign asking benevolent consideration from IRCC? Very frustrating for 2021 applications to experienced this kind of dilemma. My application was forwarded to Montreal last August 2023 after that no movement until today. I did already contacted and get help from local MP but no movement yet.
What update did you receive today?

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
today i called cic about my parents file and i was told they passed eligibility. what does it even mean ? on my side it says eligibility in progress in gc key account. does passing eligibility a good sign ? office Vancouver

katezhu

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
today i called cic about my parents file and i was told they passed eligibility. what does it even mean ? on my side it says eligibility in progress in gc key account. does passing eligibility a good sign ? office Vancouver
I think it is a good sign.

Our case was invited on Oct 2022. However, it is in security check in process, criminality check in process and reviewing eligibility in process since medical exams were passed on Oct 2023.

Usually, criminality passed very past. However, our case is still in all of the above three checking/reviewing. It that normal? Does anyone have the same situation?

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Not sure if it means much. We called almost a month ago. Got the same news. However, no action since then. Our case was application moving from Mississauga to Vancouver last year. You may have a better luck if your office all along has been Vancouver. Keep the group posted.