+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

P.Eng APEGA (Professional Engineers of Alberta) review timeline

Aswin Kumar

Mar 18, 2020
Hi Aswin,

Congrats! Did APEGA ask you to take the FE Exam?

After the Academic Examiners Review, what was the next step for you?

Thanks.
Hi,
No APEGA did not ask me to write FE exam. I am now applying for P.Eng and planning to write my NPPE in January. I have 5 years of international engineering experience and I am also claiming one year credit for post-graduate education. I hope to get a provisional P.Eng from this application as I dont have any Canadian Experience yet.

Has anybody been in my situation before? How did it go for you guys?

Thanks,
Aswin

Aswin Kumar

Mar 18, 2020
Guys,
I need help. I am registered with APEGA as EIT, So the review on my education qualifications from abroad has been completed.
I have 60 Months of International work experience as a Drilling Engineer. I am making an application for P.Eng with my experience from previous companies outside Canada. I have spoken to all my references and validators. They all agreed to support my application strongly. Additionally, I also want to claim one year of postgraduate credit, since my masters was thesis based. I am planning to appear for NPPE on January 2024.

Now my question is what will be the outcome of my application under my circumstances where I don't have any Canadian Experience?
Any advise from the forum here to succeed in my application.

Thank you in anticiaption.

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
mine shows DEC 2023, so probably it is when they are having the meeting
hello, my status is similar to you. what does it mean?
Case to Board In Progress Dec 2023
Also, a friend of mine started his process 2 moths earlier than me (I started in July he started in May), but our status is different (his status is Academic Examiner ). we graduated from same schools in B.Sc. and M.Sc. his number is better than me. is it possible they decide to refuse my application?
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.

May 19, 2023
hello, my status is similar to you. what does it mean?
Case to Board In Progress Dec 2023
Also, a friend of mine started his process 2 moths earlier than me (I started in July he started in May), but our status is different (his status is Academic Examiner ). we graduated from same schools in B.Sc. and M.Sc. his number is better than me. is it possible they decide to refuse my application?
Do you have any idea?
Thanks.
No, I don't think they've refused your application. I started my application in May, and like I said before, my "Case to Board" is Dec. 2023. Anyways, all we can do now is sit and wait. If I were your friend, I'd contact my application coordinator to verify why the process isn't moving forward (did he/she completed the whole application before you, specifically the forms from validators?)

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
No, I don't think they've refused your application. I started my application in May, and like I said before, my "Case to Board" is Dec. 2023. Anyways, all we can do now is sit and wait. If I were your friend, I'd contact my application coordinator to verify why the process isn't moving forward (did he/she completed the whole application before you, specifically the forms from validators?)
I submitted my application in July. do you have any idea how long this will take to pass this step?

milbitoon

Oct 18, 2023
Hi,
No APEGA did not ask me to write FE exam. I am now applying for P.Eng and planning to write my NPPE in January. I have 5 years of international engineering experience and I am also claiming one year credit for post-graduate education. I hope to get a provisional P.Eng from this application as I dont have any Canadian Experience yet.

Has anybody been in my situation before? How did it go for you guys?

Thanks,
Aswin
Thanks for your reply, Aswin.

I am also hoping that APEGA will not ask me to write the FE exam. I have already completed 30 units in my Master of Engineering degree, which I expect to complete in May 2024.
My application status now is in Academic Examiner review; how long did you wait to receive the result after Case to Board?

Thanks,

Ed Doetzel

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Calgary
Thanks for your reply, Aswin.

I am also hoping that APEGA will not ask me to write the FE exam. I have already completed 30 units in my Master of Engineering degree, which I expect to complete in May 2024.
My application status now is in Academic Examiner review; how long did you wait to receive the result after Case to Board?

Thanks,
Congrats on your Masters degree work.

Unfortunately, your education is going to be assessed against the standard undergraduate syllabus. Your Masters work will only be applicable to the degree there is overlap w/ the standard undergraduate syllabus.

EGBC has a self-assessment form which is pretty close to the APEGA standard. It will give you an understanding of where you stand.

https://www.egbc.ca/registration/individual-registrants/how-to-apply/examinations-seminars/academic-examinations/engineering-syllabus

If APEGA does assign you the FE exam, there is no reason to be alarmed. It is not an especially difficult exam. I have some remarks on it here:

https://techexam.ca/what-you-should-know-about-the-fundamentals-of-engineering-exam-fe-exam/

ahmzizo

Aug 1, 2019
Hello,my application was shown to board Nov. 23 in progress.

When I logged in two days ago, I found that I am P. Eng, and my registration date is November 10th. I have not received any email yet. However, when I searched in the Apega directory, I found my name as P.eng.

Update .I just received the confirmation email. Nov 14.
A notification e-mail will be sent to you for the current year’s dues within the next four to six weeks. Upon receipt of payment, your Registrant Card will be available on your myAPEGA account. Please note that as of the registration date specified above you are licensed as a P.Eng. in Alberta.
Can I start the transfer to PEO now or not yet ? I have to wait the payment email first ?

Last edited:
May 19, 2023
Hello,my application was shown to board Nov. 23 in progress.

When I logged in two days ago, I found that I am P. Eng, and my registration date is November 10th. I have not received any email yet. However, when I searched in the Apega directory, I found my name as P.eng.

Update .I just received the confirmation email. Nov 14.
A notification e-mail will be sent to you for the current year’s dues within the next four to six weeks. Upon receipt of payment, your Registrant Card will be available on your myAPEGA account. Please note that as of the registration date specified above you are licensed as a P.Eng. in Alberta.
Can I start the transfer to PEO now or not yet ? I have to wait the payment email first ?
Congratulations on your nomination, ahmzizo! Could you please post your timeline? That could be helpful for other applicants!

Last edited:

ahmzizo

Aug 1, 2019
Apply Jan 4th
Received email Jan 25th request addtional validators.
Resubmitted April. (2 from the 3validators are oitside Canada not P.eng ) I used the P.eng validator only for 1 competence. The international validators for all the other competences.
Academic review May
Examiner review 1 june 2023
Examiner review 2&3 Sep 2023
Case to Board Nov 2023
Registration date Nov 10th.