+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Mukbaba

Jan 30, 2024
Good evening all, trust we all had a great day.
I want to ask for option on this class of application.
I have exceeded the normal processing time. I will be 50 months in May but I have not heard anything from IRCC.
I have sent several mails and webform but not response. So I'm thinking of withdrawing the application and doing sponsorship or leave it and also apply for the sponsorship at the same time.

The waiting is exhausting and confusing,
Please what would you advise?

Thanks
The waiting is really frustrating for all we just have to be patient. If your visa office is Africa you just have to wait more.
Africa vo are really slow.
What stage are you on?

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
I have exceeded the normal processing time. I will be 50 months in May but I have not heard anything from IRCC.
I have sent several mails and webform but not response. So I'm thinking of withdrawing the application and doing sponsorship or leave it and also apply for the sponsorship at the same time.

Thanks
Share your timeline

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021

Thanks
I doubt if you’re qualified for spousal sponsorship. If your marriage was in place before this journey started then you’re not qualified for sponsorship. Send a webform and complain about your situation stressing that you have passed the average processing time.

Kindly share your timelines.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I doubt if you’re qualified for spousal sponsorship. If your marriage was in place before this journey started then you’re not qualified for sponsorship.
Correct. and she/he can not have two sponsorship application at the same time

Multiple applications

(5) No sponsorship application may be filed by a sponsor in respect of a person if the sponsor has filed another sponsorship application in respect of that same person and a final decision has not been made in respect of that other application.

Waefar

May 17, 2021
Hello all, i am a dependant person of a protected personn.Pr applicant for my husband and myself + children is proceeded simultanusly. sponsorship application submitted on octobre 2020, medical + biometrics done on march 2023, but still no reply from IRCC. I think at this stage medical is no more valid, there is a one year validity i think? Should we have to redo it. sharing my timeline here below. Application is now 42 months in process.Is anyone in a similar case? what are our options? it is really very hard to wait not knowing when.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 7, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on December 10, 2020.
  3. We sent you correspondence on December 10, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 2, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on March 2, 2023. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.

Reactions: Beamsbabe