+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Passport Request (IMM5740) without medical

ABBIN

Apr 23, 2016
Hi

Please help to clarify what does it infer?

Today I received a message in my cic acc stating:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

I am an employee working in Singapore and offered for MASc @ SFU with funding. In between I was asked to submit police clearance certificate from India as well as Singapore. Within a week received above message. I was not asked to do my medical exam, does it means my rejection?

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
ABBIN said:
Hi

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

I am an employee working in Singapore and offered for MASc @ SFU with funding. In between I was asked to submit police clearance certificate from India as well as Singapore. Within a week received above message. I was not asked to do my medical exam, does it means my rejection?
Medicals are not mandatory. So its approved. Congrats

Retribution Seeker

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Doha, Qatar.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
Med's Done....
26-06-2016
Passport Req..
01-08-2016
Congrats, visa will be granted.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ABBIN said:
Hi

Passport requirements

Medical is not required for applicants from Singapore.

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Hello, i applied for a study permit and i recieved this same letter.... i am wonder why they state " temporary residence" in stead of study permit... i am just curious whether i applied for the wrong thing or they made a mistake.

So this passport request letter is to get study permit stamp.

Hi

Passport requirements

Dec 20, 2019
Hello, i applied for a study permit and i recieved this same letter.... i am wonder why they state " temporary residence" in stead of study permit... i am just curious whether i applied for the wrong thing or they made a mistake.

No, study permit applicants are also temporary residents! CONGRATULATIONS you will receive your study visa

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019

You will get another letter along with your stamped passport you will show that letter at the airport and there the custons officer will issue you your study permit
Study permit is not a travel document you cant enter canada with the study permit you also meed a visa for that so issuethe visa when they approve your application

Mel 777

Aug 9, 2019
Oh ok. Thank you for the clarification...because two persons who are in canada now studying saying that they have never seen that letter and it appears that i applied for the wrong thing caz i dont need a visa to travel. IDK.... but this make sense

HamzaBK

May 26, 2023
Oh ok. Thank you for the clarification...because two persons who are in canada now studying saying that they have never seen that letter and it appears that i applied for the wrong thing caz i dont need a visa to travel. IDK.... but this make sense

Hello, i am having the same situation as you just almost 4 years after your message, i have received a temporary residence visa even though i applied for a study permit, i understand that i need this visa to travel then i ll receive my study permit once am there, but can anyone clarify please, what kind of documents do i need to show to the immigration officer in the aeroport ? i m sure that i need my admission study letter, but what else ? Thank you.

drid06

Apr 20, 2024
Hello, how can I apply for (IMM5740) to obtain a Canada visa
Can you help?
my WhatsApp number: +213779844310