+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP and sponsorship of baby -help!

Lemien

Sep 30, 2006
I landed recently, i'm pregnant and do not have a GP yet, and no referral for an ob/gyn. I would prefer to avoid the hassle and have my usual ob/doctor (outside canada) while i have my baby. I plan to move back to Canada soon after the baby to permanently settle.

1. How long does it normally take to get sponsorship/PR application completed for a newborn? How long should I expect between submitting sponsorship application and baby becoming PR? 3, 6, 10 months? or years?

2. Will the baby also have the normal wait period for OHIP as adults?

3. If i have to buy health insurance for the baby would it cover routine baby check ups/doctor visits/immunisations etc or this would be considered pre existing condition?

I need urgent info on this; thanks for any suggestion!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
being in Canada you can have midwives service for free, and it can help you with reducing half of delivery cost too.
if your baby is born in Canada he/she will be covered from the first day he/she is born. otherwise it will take 3 months to get the medical insurance after you sponsore your child and he/she makes landing.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also remember that if the baby is born in Canada it will automatically be a citizen and will not need to be sponsored, so you will save over a thousand dollars just on that fact.