+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

eswari@123

Mar 27, 2024
Any good news today on the e-Cert for 26th Oath applicants? During the ceremony the clerk told me it would be available by Wednesday, but still no luck.

burakarabaci

Nov 22, 2023
Nothing on my end. I do not want to be bitter. We are so near the finishing line but it feels like no process can finish in a timely fashion, can it?
You don't have a reason to be bitter in my opinion. There are people who applied before you, still waiting for their LPP to progress. So be thankful, at least you're done with your ceremony. Congratulations.

Feb 7, 2024
You don't have a reason to be bitter in my opinion. There are people who applied before you, still waiting for their LPP to progress. So be thankful, at least you're done with your ceremony. Congratulations.
I absolutely do. While I understand gratitude but at the same time I have ever right to be bitter at a process that is prolonged, anxiety inducing to the participants because of a lack of communication, downright archaic at points and speaks more to something that is chaotic when it should be highly regimented at this point.
I apologize if this comes across as an attack, it isn't. I AM grateful for the opportunity that I have. I AM grateful for a chance to become a Canadian. I should not be told that I should be grateful for a process that is not working optimally and quite literally hobbling across the finishing line.
I wish the best for everyone who is still in process and feel for them as they go through an extended version of the anxiety that others and I went through but I refuse to quite simply, acquiesce.

Reactions: mbaleine

burakarabaci

Nov 22, 2023
I absolutely do. While I understand gratitude but at the same time I have ever right to be bitter at a process that is prolonged, anxiety inducing to the participants because of a lack of communication, downright archaic at points and speaks more to something that is chaotic when it should be highly regimented at this point.
I apologize if this comes across as an attack, it isn't. I AM grateful for the opportunity that I have. I AM grateful for a chance to become a Canadian. I should not be told that I should be grateful for a process that is not working optimally and quite literally hobbling across the finishing line.
I wish the best for everyone who is still in process and feel for them as they go through an extended version of the anxiety that others and I went through but I refuse to quite simply, acquiesce.
See? A couple more days and everything is fine. You applied at the end of October, and you downloaded your certificate today, that makes it a ~5 month total process, which is rapid, believe me. I personally know people that waited more than 2 years for the same application, my PR application took 2 and a half years from start to finish. And I'll be honest, I was expecting to wait more than a year for this citizenship application, even though things sped up in the last year. I agree that it's anxiety inducing and the lack of communication is tiring, but it's a citizenship application, you can't expect them to process it like a driver's license.

I apologize if you felt my message was an attack to your commitment to Canada (it was not), I simply just pointed out the fact that your application is basically finished, and there's people out there who are still waiting to hear back from their application (one of those people is me). I wish you the very best and congratulations on becoming a Canadian Citizen! One last thing, I think you should grow a thicker skin.

Feb 7, 2024
One last thing, I think you should grow a thicker skin.
You can think whatever you want. Subjectivity is key here as your experience is different than mine. Your agreeableness in this situation isn't my issue and my critique of the system and problems with it should not be yours.
You do not know me. You do not know my natural disposition and you have no right to tell me on what I should be feeling and whether or not I should be developing a thick skin.
"but it's a citizenship application, you can't expect them to process it like a driver's license"
It is not but that equivalency doesn't need to drawn in this case. I understand that it is, but I can have circumstances where even the delay that I have experienced is unreasonable. Again, subjectivity.

PepsiFanta

Dec 11, 2023
Hhmm I see and read everything on this thread and I’m among the people waiting as my application is being processed. All I can say is let’s be considerate and patient guys. We are just 5/14 months of estimated processing time as of today. Love you all

eswari@123

Mar 27, 2024
I got mine downloaded. But the certificate is not yet available for my kid. Anyone facing such issues?
Just send them an email with the UCI#, Name and Application number and File number to the same email. They will make it ready. I had similar issue, they fixed it. Thanks

Reactions: KUMAR_SM

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Is anyone who had a ceremony on April 3rd still waiting for their e-Certificate to be issued? I still get the message that my e-Certificate is not available and I should try in 2-5 BD after the ceremony which is already passed. I've sent my Oath form twice and followed up via email a couple of times. I also sent a Web Form yesterday, but heard nothing from them yet. So frustrating...:confused: