+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Application submitted online: 26th Oct 2022.
BG Complted: Jan 20th, 2023.
Test Completed: Feb13th, 2023.
LLP pending ever since. Does anyone know what I need to do other than waiting?! It’s frustrating when I see others getting oath in 3-4 months, where as I waiting for 15 months now.
In the same boat!

Well now that you completed 15 months, you can call IRCC and tell them that your are done waiting for application to be process in the normal time, they can address your application and ask the office to review about the delay and provide you an update.

That's what I am going to do next month :D

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Application submitted online: 26th Oct 2022.
BG Complted: Jan 20th, 2023.
Test Completed: Feb13th, 2023.
LLP pending ever since. Does anyone know what I need to do other than waiting?! It’s frustrating when I see others getting oath in 3-4 months, where as I waiting for 15 months now.
You can call IRCC as 15 months is done for you and ask for update. You can even take the help of your MP office to get more updates.

EAR

Jan 26, 2024
In the same boat!

Well now that you completed 15 months, you can call IRCC and tell them that your are done waiting for application to be process in the normal time, they can address your application and ask the office to review about the delay and provide you an update.

That's what I am going to do next month :D
Good Luck! Hopefully you don’t have to go that far and your application would be approved soon.

Reactions: adstarscream732

EAR

Jan 26, 2024
Well, I am pretty sure they are not going to process anything in the next 2 weeks. So not long for completing 15 months
Oh is it? Why do you think so? Do they have a long layoff in February usually? I only wish they give us some more information on why applications are stuck.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Oh is it? Why do you think so? Do they have a long layoff in February usually? I only wish they give us some more information on why applications are stuck.
Well, honestly they have not looked at my application since March 2023. So I doubt they will look in the next 2 weeks, haha! I complete 15 months on Feb 12th.

So to answer your question, I have no idea how they process it, but I do believe they get an incentive to reduce the processing time for applications, and how they do it is they process applications that are new within let's say 2 months, which reduced the average processing time.

During this process they forget about old applications, hence the saying that IRCC processes applications like "first in, last out".

Reactions: riverbird and EAR

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
To all my friends who are still waiting, I received my test invitation a year after my AOR. I passed the test on January 8, and since then, I have been waiting for the status tracker to update. It has been 21 days now.

I find myself in the 'left behind' group, compared to many other applicants who have already completed their citizenship journey. It seems unlikely that my application will be approved before the 15-month mark, which is approaching on March 6. However, there's little I can do beyond remaining patient and waiting. If you're also waiting for the outcome, you might be feeling just as uneasy. I'm just writing to let you know that you're not alone. Let's remain patient and keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
To all my friends who are still waiting, I received my test invitation a year after my AOR. I passed the test on January 8, and since then, I have been waiting for the status tracker to update. It has been 21 days now.

I find myself in the 'left behind' group, compared to many other applicants who have already completed their citizenship journey. It seems unlikely that my application will be approved before the 15-month mark, which is approaching on March 6. However, there's little I can do beyond remaining patient and waiting. If you're also waiting for the outcome, you might be feeling just as uneasy. I'm just writing to let you know that you're not alone. Let's remain patient and keep our fingers crossed. Good luck!
Oh @riverbird you already completed your 15 months on January 19th 2024!!!! The day your processing time starts is the day your application is sent, not when you get your AOR. So I suggest call IRCC now and tell them that.

Reactions: riverbird

riverbird

Feb 16, 2023
Oh @riverbird you already completed your 15 months on January 19th 2024!!!! The day your processing time starts is the day your application is sent, not when you get your AOR. So I suggest call IRCC now and tell them that.
Thank you so much for the info. For some reason, I had always assumed the 15-month timeframe starts with the AOR. I'll try my luck by calling IRCC next week.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
15 months is applicable for ppl applying now. The processing time that was showing in October 2022 is the one I/we should refer to.
I don't think that is how it works. MP office helps based on current processing time. It's tough to remember what was the processing time in the past.
Some agents on the call come up with weird logic just to avoid providing clear answers for the delay.

omarabm

Sep 24, 2018
I don't think that is how it works. MP office helps based on current processing time. It's tough to remember what was the processing time in the past.
Some agents on the call come up with weird logic just to avoid providing clear answers for the delay.
They provided this answer to the MP