+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

nitink01

Oct 20, 2017
Hello all
Update for my two kids OCI application done on 16 Apr 2024 as OCI acknowledged, one kid - adult OcI - is printed and number available, other as minor is still in process, my only concern is the goof done by BLS for doc checklist there - as all docs we have submitted for the minor are in attested format in physical where as the uploaded docs are the core docs - like current passport, last passport and relationship status like marriage certificate, others we havent uploaded to portal there, can that potentially be an issue? Just being cautious as BLS and Ministry are these days acting funny and have seen multiple such idiotic cases based on whims and fancies there of people who are inventing and misusing the law for ordinary public

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
I have applied for OCI on Feb 24st, 2024 and acknowledgement on March 05st, 2024. The mission is Vancouver and it’s almost 9+ weeks and still the application says Under process. Kind of confused on application, is anyone on the same boat.please let me know.
Last successful one I read on the forum was done at 11th week. 11-14 is common processing time for Vancouver.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all
Update for my two kids OCI application done on 16 Apr 2024 as OCI acknowledged, one kid - adult OcI - is printed and number available, other as minor is still in process, my only concern is the goof done by BLS for doc checklist there - as all docs we have submitted for the minor are in attested format in physical where as the uploaded docs are the core docs - like current passport, last passport and relationship status like marriage certificate, others we havent uploaded to portal there, can that potentially be an issue? Just being cautious as BLS and Ministry are these days acting funny and have seen multiple such idiotic cases based on whims and fancies there of people who are inventing and misusing the law for ordinary public
No it's not an issue. Processing at different timeline happens, not a cause for concern. You need to be patient.

Reactions: nitink01

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi anyone experiencing delays with OCI being stuck at dispatched part? My baby's OCI shows dispatched since 3rd May and still shows not received at Toronto. Wondering if anyone else experiencing the same delay.

noqluu

Oct 17, 2023
Hello,

I and wife are applying for Fresh OCI.

We both don't have either of our names in each other's passport.

If married in India:
Marriage Certificate should be attested by the State Home Dept. where the marriage was registered and further more attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (MEA). Please note: If applicant does not have Marriage certificate attested by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) New Delhi, but is issued by the Marriage Registrar of a State Home Government in India, then application can be accepted along with Notarized joined Affidavit, containing both- photograph and signatures of the couple, from Notary Public or lawyer in Canada.

Is this still a requirement or it is an old requirement? Or just self attested photocopy will do the work? I have original marriage certificate with me here. Also, can I just upload a scanned copy of marriage certificate in OCI application?

If still an active requirement, where to go for Notarized joined Affidavit?

Please share your recent experience ASAP. I'll be visiting BLS Mississauga and have an appointment soon.

Thanks!

Last edited:

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello,

I and wife are applying for Fresh OCI.

We both don't have either of our names in each other's passport.

If married in India:
Marriage Certificate should be attested by the State Home Dept. where the marriage was registered and further more attested by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (MEA). Please note: If applicant does not have Marriage certificate attested by MEA (Ministry of External Affairs) New Delhi, but is issued by the Marriage Registrar of a State Home Government in India, then application can be accepted along with Notarized joined Affidavit, containing both- photograph and signatures of the couple, from Notary Public or lawyer in Canada.

Is this still a requirement or it is an old requirement? Or just self attested photocopy will do the work? I have original marriage certificate with me here. Also, can I just upload a scanned copy of marriage certificate in OCI application?

If still an active requirement, where to go for Notarized joined Affidavit?

Please share your recent experience ASAP. I'll be visiting BLS Mississauga and have an appointment soon.

Thanks!
Where do you see this requirement? U submitted application for OCI a month back. My and wife didn't had name in each others surrendered indian passport. We only provided copy of marriage certificate registered in India and each other current passport. No attestation was required

noqluu

Oct 17, 2023
Where do you see this requirement? U submitted application for OCI a month back. My and wife didn't had name in each others surrendered indian passport. We only provided copy of marriage certificate registered in India and each other current passport. No attestation was required

Great. I saw this in one of the documents provided by BLS. But, probably, it's old document and so old requirement. I was just confirming. Thanks for your response.

The document: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-OCI-Checklist-Rev-8.0.pdf

Also, could you please tell if I should take an employment letter from my employer, or we just create a work document with details and print it out? Please let me know.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Great. I saw this in one of the documents provided by BLS. But, probably, it's old document and so old requirement. I was just confirming. Thanks for your response.

The document: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Toronto-OCI-Checklist-Rev-8.0.pdf

Also, could you please tell if I should take an employment letter from my employer, or we just create a work document with details and print it out? Please let me know.
Yes, the checklist is old.
I submitted employment letter from my employer and my wife wrote a letter declaring her work. Both were accepted.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

You can access the current checklist through this link https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-checklist.php

Sunny75871

May 27, 2020
Hello again, just thought of sharing my timeline for the people who have applied from Vancouver mission. The details are as follows: I have submitted my application on Feb 29th, 2024.
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-MAR-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- Number ABCXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn10-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Ckay128

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
hi guys, I’ve a really annoying technical problem with marriage registration date format on verify information page.
The date is posted as 14/\Dec/\2022 instead of the usual 14/DEC/2022.
My concern is BLS giving me hard time for this issue.
I’ve haven’t submitted it yet, just looking for suggestions.
Did you guys had the same issue.

roark

Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone, has anyone else observed a delay in OCI being dispatched from New Delhi? For me, the OCI got processed on 7th May but hasn't been dispatched yet or hasn't been updated. Usually, this happens the very next day after it gets processed. Isn't it? Thanks.

Anandh S

Mar 13, 2024
Hello everyone , Need Urgent Help .. I have a newborn with Canadian passport , Me and my wife are Indian citizens . I applied for OCI in Calgary office Something went wrong , BLS says they sent the application to OCI Vancouver whereas OCI say they did not receive it from BLS . Im in a situation where i have to return to INDIA for good. Considering there is no update from OCI, BLS . If i take my Kid with e-visa , Is there a possibility for me to apply for OCI from India for my KID ?. Please Help