+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone , Need Urgent Help .. I have a newborn with Canadian passport , Me and my wife are Indian citizens . I applied for OCI in Calgary office Something went wrong , BLS says they sent the application to OCI Vancouver whereas OCI say they did not receive it from BLS . Im in a situation where i have to return to INDIA for good. Considering there is no update from OCI, BLS . If i take my Kid with e-visa , Is there a possibility for me to apply for OCI from India for my KID ?. Please Help
You can apply for OCI in India only if you go to India on entry visa, not e-visa and also after living in India for 6 months.

If you don't have any option but to go on e-visa contact FRRO and see what can be done as it's case for kid.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello everyone , Need Urgent Help .. I have a newborn with Canadian passport , Me and my wife are Indian citizens . I applied for OCI in Calgary office Something went wrong , BLS says they sent the application to OCI Vancouver whereas OCI say they did not receive it from BLS . Im in a situation where i have to return to INDIA for good. Considering there is no update from OCI, BLS . If i take my Kid with e-visa , Is there a possibility for me to apply for OCI from India for my KID ?. Please Help
When did you apply? Cause it could take atleast 2 weeks for OCI portal to acknowledge that file is received. So who is saying from OCI/consulate?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
hi guys, I’ve a really annoying technical problem with marriage registration date format on verify information page.
The date is posted as 14/\Dec/\2022 instead of the usual 14/DEC/2022.
My concern is BLS giving me hard time for this issue.
I’ve haven’t submitted it yet, just looking for suggestions.
Did you guys had the same issue.
Never seen the issue while filling, but after submitting my application, the marriage registration date gets printed in DD-MMM-YYYY format. So submit it and see.

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi All,
I need some help in knowing what's the process after getting Canadian citizenship to get Indian OCI?

1. Surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI? How long does the entire process take as I have to travel to india.
2. If it takes longer to get OCI, what are the other options? Can I apply for a visitor visa? Is this visa one time entry or multiple entry visa to India? Again, what's the processing time ?
Also, for applying for Indian visa ,I'll need to surrender my passport before applying?

Thanks in advance for your help!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
I need some help in knowing what's the process after getting Canadian citizenship to get Indian OCI?

1. Surrender Indian passport and apply for OCI? How long does the entire process take as I have to travel to india.
2. If it takes longer to get OCI, what are the other options? Can I apply for a visitor visa? Is this visa one time entry or multiple entry visa to India? Again, what's the processing time ?
Also, for applying for Indian visa ,I'll need to surrender my passport before applying?

Thanks in advance for your help!
1. Depends on the jurisdiction. Faster in Toronto then Vancouver or Ottawa. Close to 3 - 4 months
2. Go for e-visa. Gets processed within 24 hrs in most cases. No need for surrender certificate for that. Totally online process.

Reactions: cecict and Meg106

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Thankyou ! But I should be able to apply for OCI after coming back to canada ,correct? I mean the e- visa wont affect OCI in future? Just making sure ..thanks again
1. Depends on the jurisdiction. Faster in Toronto then Vancouver or Ottawa. Close to 3 - 4 months
2. Go for e-visa. Gets processed within 24 hrs in most cases. No need for surrender certificate for that. Totally online process.

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Is the e-visa validity for 1 year? What is the fees ?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hello everyone, has anyone else observed a delay in OCI being dispatched from New Delhi? For me, the OCI got processed on 7th May but hasn't been dispatched yet or hasn't been updated. Usually, this happens the very next day after it gets processed. Isn't it? Thanks.
For me the delay was receiving it in Toronto. I think there are some delays going on with sending the booklets by the consulate