+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Noc code Identification.

Pleasehelp23

Nov 29, 2023
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for opinions on whether this may be a good fit for one of my current jobs' NOC code, so I work as a barista trainer at starbucks corporat store, I function as a barista which involves customer service, food preparation, drink preparation, serving, cleaning tables, and other tasks. However, I am also in charge of onboarding/introduction and training new staff into the company, showing them the menu, teaching them about coffee, and assessing their progress throughout the training period.
I’ve looked it up myself, and I think my job can fit into the code 41210, as one of the example titles on its list is workplace trainer. However, the main duties mentioned mostly pertain to colleges, universities, and students, with nothing really mentioned about the workplace.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for opinions on whether this may be a good fit for one of my current jobs' NOC code, so I work as a barista trainer at starbucks corporat store, I function as a barista which involves customer service, food preparation, drink preparation, serving, cleaning tables, and other tasks. However, I am also in charge of onboarding/introduction and training new staff into the company, showing them the menu, teaching them about coffee, and assessing their progress throughout the training period.
I’ve looked it up myself, and I think my job can fit into the code 41210, as one of the example titles on its list is workplace trainer. However, the main duties mentioned mostly pertain to colleges, universities, and students, with nothing really mentioned about the workplace.

Thank you.
You are not a college/vocational instructor.

Pleasehelp23

Nov 29, 2023
Maybe “other instructors”. However if you feel the vocational NOC meets around 70% of your job description then that would be your NOC. It includes company trainers.
I'm going to explain some of the duties and paste the ones I think it fits into, just to see if I’m reaching here as I’m the only trainer in my store and probably the whole city. We’ve been outsourcing or trainers have been moved before I got the trainer job. I’d really appreciate your input. It’s a loose description from the top of my dome right now.

• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments, and independent or group projects.
The company offers online courses that I go through with the new employee to outline what to do on specific days. For example, today is store orientation, tomorrow we go through online courses, and the next day is hands-on training.
  • Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses.
For teaching materials like different brews and paired snacks for coffee tastings/coffee history. the online courses I go through with the new employee Have its outlines for which course comes first and when it has to be done, And i Have my own outline.

• Prepare, administer, and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress.
The company provides a learning plan form, which I fill in according to their progress and areas where they need improvement. On a scale of 1-10, I provide a review of where I think they're at and also gather feedback from the new employee.
  • Advise students on program curricula and career decisions.
If asked about it, I can explain the career paths available after becoming a barista. With time and experience, they can progress to roles such as trainer, supervisor, and even manager, provided they meet the required hours of service, among other criteria.
  • Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it.
I can develop an individual learning plan before and after meeting the new employee, taking into consideration their learning style, areas of difficulty, strengths, and areas needing improvement. This helps tailor the training to their specific learning needs.
  • Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work, or hands-on training
I supervise new employees on the floor for hands-on training, covering tasks such as making drinks, taking orders, packaging orders, cleaning, customer interaction, processing refunds, upselling, conflict management, and other responsibilities within the store.

-Supervise teaching assistants.

I can train another newly hired barista trainer for the role and supervise them teaching new employees? not sure
  • May provide consultation services to government, business, and other organizations.
i train people in different stores when they need it? Also, not sure