My asylum timeline so far

Moavia

Feb 26, 2024
Hi,
-BOC submitted on 31 jan 2014
-Got medical request on 14 feb 2024
-Medical updated on 28 feb 2024

Now waiting to handover passport and take the brown paper

what do you think when i have to expect 1st interview call?

also how long i have to wait for hearing?
Any idea

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

Any idea

thank you
Is that a typo for your BOC date? I'm assuming you submitted in 2024 and not 2014.

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Welcome to the club.

In the first interview, no questions, just hand over the passport and any ID, 2-4 photos, give your biometrics. Finished.

In the second interview, the eligibility interview, you may be asked questions regarding your BOC, about yourself, for the officer to determine your eligibility. If determined as eligible, you will be given the claimant document (refugee ID), few papers including the conditional removal order. Some claimants will receive the claimant document without being asked any questions. Some people receive the work permit on spot, some receive the work permit even before the eligibility interview. Others may receive the work permit after the eligibility interview.

If deemed eligible, your file will be forwarded to IRB. IRB will contact you to determine whether your claim needs a full hearing, short hearing, or only the file review process. If at the end you get a positive decision, you become a protected person. Otherwise, you will have few options, if you are eligible for any.

Now to the estimated timeline for each

Take a deep breath.
Do you know how to count to 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000? :)

You have to learn to be patient, really patient, really really patient.

For the 1st interview (biometrics), this may take place within 1-4 months from completing the medical.
For the 2nd interview (eligibility), this again may take place within 1-4 months from the 1st interview.
For the IRB hearing/decision, this take from 9 months (if you are so lucky), up to more than 2 years.

Based on the huge backlog (over 165,000 refugee claims), it is reasonable to expect really long wait periods, but no one knows.

If you get a positive decision from IRB, you become eligible to apply for PR. This process will - again - take at least 2 years and possibly even more.

Try to look for a job, try to improve yourself, your skills. If you can't find any job, try to do some volunteer engagements.

Get yourself busy. Don't overthink. It is a long, long process.

Moavia

Feb 26, 2024
Welcome to the club.

In the first interview, no questions, just hand over the passport and any ID, 2-4 photos, give your biometrics. Finished.

In the second interview, the eligibility interview, you may be asked questions regarding your BOC, about yourself, for the officer to determine your eligibility. If determined as eligible, you will be given the claimant document (refugee ID), few papers including the conditional removal order. Some claimants will receive the claimant document without being asked any questions. Some people receive the work permit on spot, some receive the work permit even before the eligibility interview. Others may receive the work permit after the eligibility interview.

If deemed eligible, your file will be forwarded to IRB. IRB will contact you to determine whether your claim needs a full hearing, short hearing, or only the file review process. If at the end you get a positive decision, you become a protected person. Otherwise, you will have few options, if you are eligible for any.

Take a deep breath.

For the 1st interview (biometrics), this may take place within 1-4 months from completing the medical.
For the 2nd interview (eligibility), this again may take place within 1-4 months from the 1st interview.
For the IRB hearing/decision, this take from 9 months (if you are so lucky), up to more than 2 years.

Based on the huge backlog (over 165,000 refugee claims), it is reasonable to expect really long wait periods, but no one knows.

If you get a positive decision from IRB, you become eligible to apply for PR. This process will - again - take at least 2 years and possibly even more.

Try to look for a job, try to improve yourself, your skills. If you can't find any job, try to do some volunteer engagements.

Wow , such a sensible response, thank you sooooo much for these valuable information

Reactions: Mancini

Bhtsan

Mar 17, 2024
Welcome to the club.

Take a deep breath.

Thank you for these valuable information. May i ask do we have to submit both birth certificate and passport? because i don't have my birth certificate with me and i have appointment on 23 for bio metric. and how many photo required?

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024
Thank you for these valuable information. May i ask do we have to submit both birth certificate and passport? because i don't have my birth certificate with me and i have appointment on 23 for bio metric. and how many photo required?
How did your biometrics go? Did they give you your documents or asked to return for interview?

helpme1

Star Member
Mar 6, 2024
Hi,

Any idea

thank you
Did you hear back ?

Reactions: scylla

shaz1983

May 3, 2024
Hi did you hear anything?

Hi,

Any idea

thank you

shaz1983

May 3, 2024
Hi have you heard anything yet? Please give us an update.

Hi,

Any idea

thank you