+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application returned twice with same issue but I am sure I applied in right categoy.

Apr 5, 2024
I already reapplied but still received same email what can I do. My spouse is living outside of canada and I selected right subcategory but still received this email twice.
what can I do ?

We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2024-03-18. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.
Our office processes Family Class Sponsorship applications where the Principal Applicant resides In Canada. It appears that as per your information declared on your undertaking you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
• Document Checklist
• IMM1344
• IMM008
• IMM5669
• IMM5406

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I already reapplied but still received same email what can I do. My spouse is living outside of canada and I selected right subcategory but still received this email twice.
what can I do ?

We are returning your Permanent Resident Portal application received on 2024-03-18. We are unable to process your request as submitted. We have kept no record of your submission.
Our office processes Family Class Sponsorship applications where the Principal Applicant resides In Canada. It appears that as per your information declared on your undertaking you have sent your application to our office in error as per document(s) reviewed below:
• Document Checklist
• IMM1344
• IMM008
• IMM5669
• IMM5406
So is spouse PR or citizen? If PR, is spouse in Canada.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
Hello @glory.christian1994, Hope you are doing well. And your Spousal process is going smoothly.
I have one question. The same thing is happening to me. My file got returned for the same reason. I am PR and living in Canada and my spouse is in India. We have selected a PA living outside Canada but again file got returned. Can you please let me know what steps you guys took? This is stressing us out.
Thanks in advance. Will really appreciate your quick response. Thanks again.

Apr 5, 2024
The only thing you can do is reapply, I have taken a help of lawyer and he did some changes in the same file. Either take help of legal advisor or if you’re applying by yourself then I will suggest you to restart completely new application and submit to avoid delays. At this point I have not found any resolution than reapplying, and still waiting for response from IRCC

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
Thank You so much for your quick reply. We are getting our filling done from the agent and unfortunately, they are also not able to find out anything.
If by any chance you can let us know what changes your lawyer made on your file. Meanwhile will check back with our agents again.
Please keep us updated and I wish you guys All the Best for your process.
If I'll find out anything I'll update here.
Thanks again.

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
One more question: In your case did the sponsor receive the letter via email?
In my case: We have filled out the process under my husband (Principal Applicant). So he receives an email stating there is an update made on your portal
and I the sponsor received the letter via email separately. Does the same happen to you? And I am so sorry for bothering you. Thanks!

Apr 5, 2024
Hi, it looks like my lawyer has kept some type of explanation letter but not sure how. I still have doubts though and I guess my file may return again. Yes in my case I the sponsor received email with attachments and applicant also received email stating you have update in your file. Do mind if I ask you when did you submit your file and when your file was returned?

SabyB

Mar 1, 2024
Submitted on April 4 and returned today April 23rd. Returns after approx. 19 /20 days.
When have you submitted your file the third time? If it's past 20 days then I think you are good. "Fingers crossed"
These processes are way too stressful.