+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Exemption

ajaebe

Feb 4, 2023
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi all,

Please, I need a clarification on the medical exam request. I’m an inland applicant I did my medical exam in June 2019 and I only have the 2-page medical report form (IMM 1017) that IRCC sent to me study permit portal back then. I believe I am exempted from doing any medical exam.

Now, I am trying to upload the necessary documents for my PR application and one of the documents is the “Proof of Upfront Medical Exam”. What do I upload here? The same document that IRCC sent to me in 2019?

The document has the IME no, but no actual report. Just my name.

Reactions: AdmiralGG

trevetras

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa, Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
25-11-2022
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Hi all,

Please, I need a clarification on the medical exam request. I’m an inland applicant I did my medical exam in June 2019 and I only have the 2-page medical report form (IMM 1017) that IRCC sent to me study permit portal back then. I believe I am exempted from doing any medical exam.

Now, I am trying to upload the necessary documents for my PR application and one of the documents is the “Proof of Upfront Medical Exam”. What do I upload here? The same document that IRCC sent to me in 2019?

yup thats the one

vivekrana22

Dec 29, 2021
Hi All,

I had received ITA for PR in June 2022 (NL PNP Program). I had done upfront medical exam in July 2022 and applied for PR (through express entry) in Aug 2022. But my application was refused/cancelled in Sep 2022 because my police certificate (at the time of application) was more than 6 months old. I had even done my biometrics by that time.

I created a new express entry profile and contacted the province to get extension on nomination certificate, which I got. I got another ITA on my new EE profile in Jan 2023.
Now, I am confused if I should again go for an upfront medical exam? I searched on IRCC portal and found that medical exams are valid for a period of 12 months. It also mentions that if you had medical exam for another type of Visa like a study or work permit then you don't need another medical exam, if applying for PR within a period of 12 months. But it doesn't mention about a subsequent PR application (after refusal for example) within 12 months.

Also, Upfront Medical Report Form (IMM 1017B) that we get after medical exam doesn't mention the EE profile number. It only has candidate details like name, date of birth, passport details etc.

Could anyone comment on this if they that faced a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
Vivek.

AdmiralGG

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
Hi all,

I have also uploaded the same document (IMM 1017), and the tracker is showing medical as "completed" for now.

ajaebe

Feb 4, 2023
Toronto
Category........
Other
Wow, that's so fast!! what was the ADR for?
Employment Contract Letter
Pay Stub
Previous refusal (I had no proof of this. I indicated that I had been refused entry to another country due to Flagpoling for my PGWP, ended up just explaining the situation in my Letter of Explanation)

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Hey so my medicals have been updated as completed but medical expiry date is in documents submitted section of PR Tracker still shows old medical expiry date. Pls advice is it normal

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I think it’s fine since you’re using the old medicals and it falls within the last 5 years.
Thanks but i am right now outsde canada, does it matter ? I did get remedical request but before i could take it , the tracker is updated with these results and status as completed

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I think it’s fine since you’re using the old medicals and it falls within the last 5 years.

It would be great if anyone adress this.

I have applied for PR (Inland) through PNP(Express Entry). I have taken medical exam on June 2022 and applied for PR on December 2023. I thought IME results are valid for 5 years but suddenly came across something that says IME is valid only for 12 months.

After taking IME, I went to India (August 2022) and stayed for 5 months and 23 days (below 6 months). I have applied PR with my old IME number. Is that okay? Do I need to take a new one? I am not able to register on the tracker to check my results too.

Thanks in advance.