+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 intake - study permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah in the status tracker its showing that the eligibility is done and background check has begun on march 22nd
Should i have a hope of getting a positive response?
its almost going to be a month since the background check has begun
Cannot tell you. Depends where you live. Hopefully very soon.

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
Just to give an update to whoever is curious. My visa got approved today but however, my admission is already deferred to next year which I had uploaded to IRCC one week ago. I'll be submitting the passport tomorrow. My time line is below.

Applied : 24 January 2024
Biometrics : 29 January 2024
Passport Request : 30 April 2024

I applied for a masters program in University of Calgary. I'm from India and applied from UAE as I work here.

There were no updates on the tracker(except Biometrics) up until the passport request.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to give an update to whoever is curious. My visa got approved today but however, my admission is already deferred to next year which I had uploaded to IRCC one week ago. I'll be submitting the passport tomorrow. My time line is below.

Applied : 24 January 2024
Biometrics : 29 January 2024
Passport Request : 30 April 2024

I applied for a masters program in University of Calgary. I'm from India and applied from UAE as I work here.

There were no updates on the tracker(except Biometrics) up until the passport request.
Congrats!!Have you updated profile with new LOA for next year? If you haven’t do so.

nanz17

Apr 17, 2024
Congrats!!Have you updated profile with new LOA for next year? If you haven’t do so.
Hi Naturgrl, thanks so much. I already uploaded my deferral letter to ircc one week ago through the web form. Hence why receiving the approval today was a surprise. Is there anything else I must be doing?

karthik_V24

Apr 30, 2024
Hi Naturgrl, thanks so much. I already uploaded my deferral letter to ircc one week ago through the web form. Hence why receiving the approval today was a surprise. Is there anything else I must be doing?
You applied through non-sds? What's the financials you showed?