+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
I contacted my MP's office a few days ago. They responded yesterday that they talked to an IRCC agent and they said that my application is in the Vancouver office and it is still in progress! No kidding eh? I could see that online as well lol
This whole thing sucks and all I can do is to laugh at how broken their system is ...
Yes the system is broken, time for a much needed change of the system. Hope we get our citizenship on time to help make the change.

saam4156

Apr 26, 2024
I contacted my MP's office a few days ago. They responded yesterday that they talked to an IRCC agent and they said that my application is in the Vancouver office and it is still in progress! No kidding eh? I could see that online as well lol
This whole thing sucks and all I can do is to laugh at how broken their system is ...
Same thing over here, I got this response from our local MP,

Our office received a response from IRCC regarding your citizenship application. The agent I spoke with advised that the application is in progress at the processing office in Vancouver. The knowledge test has passed and the criminality assessment has passed. The security assessment is currently in progress and the language, residency, and prohibition assessments have not started.

The agent assured our office that nothing further is required at this time and that IRCC will contact you directly once a final decision is made or if they require any additional documentation. Our office will continue to monitor the progress of your application and share any additional updates that we receive.

• Sad
Reactions: ta123

saam4156

Apr 26, 2024
Apparently, the security clearance don't have a deadline, they can take as much time as needed, nobody will even allow you to reach out to no one, all they told me was to wait and be patient.

Type: Online/ Single
Submitted, May 15, 2023
Location, Vancouver
AOR: 2023-06-09
Citizenship Test completed, January 04, 2024
Background Completed: in progress
LPP, In progress.

• Sad
Reactions: ta123

ugreen

Dec 26, 2023
Apparently, the security clearance don't have a deadline, they can take as much time as needed, nobody will even allow you to reach out to no one, all they told me was to wait and be patient.

Type: Online/ Single
Submitted, May 15, 2023
Location, Vancouver
AOR: 2023-06-09
Citizenship Test completed, January 04, 2024
Background Completed: in progress
LPP, In progress.
I applied on May 17 2023 online. Everything turned green in September 2023 except prohibitions. So on May 4 2024 prohibition got green. Now citizenship ceremony not started. Another waiting game started lol. I dont know when I am getting the oath. It's frustrating. I hope all well for everyone.

Reactions: saam4156