+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<< MAY 2023 AOR >>>>>>>>>>

Muhammad67

Nov 5, 2023
Hi Muhammad, you think my (Principal applicant's) background check also went into in progress from completed because they are checking background of the new added person, which is my new born baby? How long do you think this process takes if you have any idea? you think my file has opened again as well, or just the new added person's?

Thanks
No Clue, my file is stuck for months in security. But i am hoping to get my security completed by the end of December.

For your case because its a newborn baby, likely they wont send comprehensive security screening. Regular check shouldn't take much time.

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
congrats on ur BG getting completed. Looks like ur file has started to move.

Did you ever order GCMS notes? any reason your eligibility taken so long to get started?
No idea! I have ordered my notes so lets see how quickly I get them...
The only thing I can think of is I have an extensive travel history,

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
May AORs, Important checklist to check before submitting your application for PR:
  1. NOC Code - it isn’t about your job title, match 70% responsibilities to a NOC code.
  2. PCC - make sure you don’t submit a black and white PCC. If even the stamp on your PCC is colored and rest is black and white, submit a colored scan that shows the colored stamps: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rejection-due-to-black-and-white-pcc.496680/.
  3. POF - Make sure to have closing balance, codified debt (or plainly listed debt declaration) on POF with your name clearly listed in it. Can’t get a letter of a specific format that state average 6 month balance? Don’t worry! You can create a PDF with POF + attach the last 6 months of bank statements to it. It works.
  4. Upfront medicals for Outland applicants - Find a panel physician listed near you: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx when you call them do tell them that you want to do an upfront medical exam for PR application. In some cases, the hospital won’t have the right code to issue an upfront test for the “Permanent residency” category, it is fine to get the test done under the “worker” category. You’ll get two documents at the end of the upfront medical tests, you’ll have to upload one of these documents - clarify it with your hospital before leaving the premises.
  5. If you are using a consultant, get your GCKey credentials. It is risky (and not so much fun :D ) to not have your own credentials.

I forgot to create the thread this month, but will post this as a check list here.

Hi @iSaidGoodDay ,I am confused after reading that 70% of job should match with NOC code.
Here is my matching noc code and highlighted ones are my matching Job duties.
How much percentage do you think these highlighted ones represent ? This noc covers multiple roles, does the 70% rule apply for such noc codes as well ?
Appreciate your help.

11202 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing

Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals.

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

1. Assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted to determine marketing and advertising needs of an establishment
  2. Advise clients on marketing, advertising or sales promotion opportunities and strategies
  3. Develop strategies and related content for direct and digital marketing and advertising campaigns and implement them
  4. Manage post campaign analysis to measure and report on marketing and advertising metrics
  5. Develop and maintain social media accounts, including managing customer reviews and testimonials
  6. Develop, implement and evaluate public relations strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
  7. Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
  8. Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
  9. Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events and programs for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
  10. Arrange interviews, news conferences and other media events
  11. Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
  12. Coordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
  13. Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
  14. Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
  15. Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
I still haven't got my GCMS notes but I finally received the FD update - PR Application approved! Still waiting for my COPR though!

Reactions: qdee

wowangst

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-05-2023
Med's Done....
04-05-2023
Passport Req..
25/01/2024
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2024
Final update from me - received my COPR yesterday!

TomCassidy

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Is anyone here stuck in a security check in progress? Regarding my case, it has been since October 2023 for my wife (dependent) and for me (the main applicant), it has been in progress since January 2024!

singhguy

May 5, 2023
I am also waiting for security check to be completed. My background check started on 08 June 2023 and the security check is In Progress since then. I have called IRCC multiple times and every time I get same response that it is in the last stage of background check. Have ordered GCMS and CBSA notes but couldn't find anything regarding the security check as it is protected information and not shared. Have contacted MP and they also got the same response from IRCC that security check is In Progress and need to wait. Patiently waiting since 10 months now :)

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
I am also waiting for security check to be completed. My background check started on 08 June 2023 and the security check is In Progress since then. I have called IRCC multiple times and every time I get same response that it is in the last stage of background check. Have ordered GCMS and CBSA notes but couldn't find anything regarding the security check as it is protected information and not shared. Have contacted MP and they also got the same response from IRCC that security check is In Progress and need to wait. Patiently waiting since 10 months now :)
Same Situation here Security Started in August 2023 nd still under processing. 28 months since I applied for my application

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
I applied under PNP program. My work permit expired and then they put a hold on my application for 7 months. Its been a year that they removed the Hold. Now my file is stuck on Security check

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
Did you cross the processing time already?

singhguy

May 5, 2023
I don’t know how IRCC works. Some people are getting everything done in 8 to 12 months.
I have seen Inland and PNP applications submitted after Oct 2023 have received Final decision and eCOPR in 2 to 3 months. IRCC works in mysterious ways no doubt.