+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master studies??

silkyv

Dec 13, 2007
Hi all,
I'm new here.
Can anyone answer my question...?????
I am a physiotherapist. Planning to move to Canada. But need to know something regarding Higher studies and working license.
I read on canada's official website that..I need to appear for license exam if i want to practise there.
But my question is...If I will get an admission for Master Program in Canada and will do Master studies from there..then also I will need to give License Exam or I can directly apply for license after finishing Masters.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

silky

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

silkyv said:
Hi all,
I'm new here.
Can anyone answer my question...?????
I am a physiotherapist. Planning to move to Canada. But need to know something regarding Higher studies and working license.
I read on canada's official website that..I need to appear for license exam if i want to practise there.
But my question is...If I will get an admission for Master Program in Canada and will do Master studies from there..then also I will need to give License Exam or I can directly apply for license after finishing Masters.

Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

silky
1. You would have to complete masters, then you would be eligible for registration, but you would have be Permanent Resident.
2. Very difficult to get into the MPhysio program, eg, UBC has only 42 places in their 27 month program. http://www.physicaltherapy.med.ubc.ca/students_alumni/prospective_students/mpt_admissions.htm

PMM

silkyv

Dec 13, 2007
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your help.
I got contact for Canadian Association of Physiotherapist.
I did inquiry about my doubts.
They said everyone who wants to practise in Canada as a therapist..need to give Entrance Exam to get registered and to practise ( even canadian physiotherapist ). The rule is appilcable to everyone.
But there are exceptions for entry to practice in Quebec and in New Brunswick for Canadian educated physiotherapists.

I know its difficult to get in MPhysio..and also the fees for MPhysio is very very high....but i need to do something. I will try for it and will see what happens.

Thanks.