+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status mistake

AlelieL

Mar 1, 2019
Hey there. So what was the outcome of your application? I have a similar situation and was checking this forum. Wanted to know if things worked out and if cic asked you any explanation?

please advise.
How’s your situation on this thread?

preetms

Jun 12, 2018
I completely agree with you that it was a mistake, but I did some research too and I found that for misrepresentation the mistake has to be a material fact affecting the visa decision which I doubt for my tourist visitor visa would matter between divorced and single.

And I agree that the letter might help but do u think I should send the letter along with the application or I should wait for their reply first ?
Hello, I am in a similar situation, could you please help me with the details of how you resolved this issue? I appreciate your response.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I am in a similar situation, could you please help me with the details of how you resolved this issue? I appreciate your response.
You realize that you're responding to a user that hasn't posted here in nearly 5 years, right?

Bottom line: Misrepresentation is NEVER a good thing.

preetms

Jun 12, 2018
You realize that you're responding to a user that hasn't posted here in nearly 5 years, right?

Bottom line: Misrepresentation is NEVER a good thing.
But if we realised our mistake and like to rectify it well in advance, does it still counted as a misrepresentation?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But if we realised our mistake and like to rectify it well in advance, does it still counted as a misrepresentation?
It doesn't negate the fact that it was misrepresentation, but by taking ownership of the mistake and explaining why, it's the only obvious option.