+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Learning "French" for benefit in express entry.

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
I have 502 and dying to learn french. Unfortunately, I will not tolerate this EE insanity. Think about it. it takes 24 months for an average person to learn French. THATS HALF A PHD. Always weigh your options for self-imporvement. Your life is not Canada. Canada, however can become A PART of your life.

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
It's not that hard and long to learn French to get B2, especially if you have already learned one other language. B2 is quite an intermediate level and language test is not about language proficiency, just practice and be attentive.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have 502 and dying to learn french. Unfortunately, I will not tolerate this EE insanity. Think about it. it takes 24 months for an average person to learn French. THATS HALF A PHD. Always weigh your options for self-imporvement. Your life is not Canada. Canada, however can become A PART of your life.
I disagree that it takes 24 months. There are a lot of people here who have done it in 8.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Did you all hold full-time jobs while studying french? I'm not attacking anyone.. just curious for me now lol
I'm an exec(CXO role), I learned french while handling my FT role + growing my own businesses. It was either that or the $500k+ investment route. Former was faster.

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
So, In your honest opinions guys. Let's assume, I can half ass the TEF and get at least a CLB5 or 6.
Would those extra 5 or 10 points help me, If I have a 502 at the moment?? I'm trying to use the calculator but I doesn't want to co-operate with me.
Also, @iSaidGoodDay, After I read your reply in my thread, I realized that... since everyone is being shady af (And get to stay in Canada, whereas people beneficial to Canada are leaving.), there are virtually no reasons whatsoever for me to be honest and fair.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, In your honest opinions guys. Let's assume, I can half ass the TEF and get at least a CLB5 or 6.
Would those extra 5 or 10 points help me, If I have a 502 at the moment?? I'm trying to use the calculator but I doesn't want to co-operate with me.
Also, @iSaidGoodDay, After I read your reply in my thread, I realized that... since everyone is being shady af (And get to stay in Canada, whereas people beneficial to Canada are leaving.), there are virtually no reasons whatsoever for me to be honest and fair.
If you can get the required scores for French, then you will very easily get selected through the French language draws assuming they are still ongoing.

If you had those extra pints right now, ITA would be guaranteed.

anthonyk02

Mar 13, 2022
Wait... What's the minimum CLB for the french category draws?? Isnt't CLB 7 and up? I can only get a CLB 6 max. And thats with a lot of "if"s.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Wait... What's the minimum CLB for the french category draws?? Isnt't CLB 7 and up? I can only get a CLB 6 max. And thats with a lot of "if"s.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/category-based-selection.html

To be selected for French EE draws, you need to
  • have French-language test results that show a minimum score of 7 in all 4 language abilities on the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens

Reactions: armoured

santosh.dh

Star Member
May 18, 2023
Hello there, why do you think it is a gamble ? Do you believe the government will close the french category in future ? Or did you think you might not be able yo learn the french language?
Yes, it could be that the next government might change categories. But I think it's a good idea to learn it anyway since you will most likely always get some bonus points for Express Entry and it's a nice language to know.