+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Laminated and Torn Copr before my First landing

Apr 19, 2024
My application for permanent residence in Canada was approved and I got my passport back from my visa office IRCC Warsaw Poland with visa stamped along COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence).

But unfortunately due to misunderstanding and lack of knowledge I laminated my COPR (both IRCC copy and client copy).

I didn't realize that I and the immigration officer had to sign it at the port of entry so laminating copr makes it invalid. I also tore the document from the bottom trying to remove the lamination.

I tried many times to contact my visa office to reissue Copr by sending web forms and direct emails to them but they are not responding.

I came to find out that the CBSA officers at the port of entry can also print COPR if required.

What should I do now?

Should I use my one time immigrant visa and fly to Canada and request the officer at the port of entry to print a new COPR (both IRCC and Client copy) for me.

Appropriate Advice will be highly appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Should I use my one time immigrant visa and fly to Canada and request the officer at the port of entry to print a new COPR (both IRCC and Client copy) for me.

Appropriate Advice will be highly appreciated.
Well, that's what I'd do, but the issue is going to be whether they'll let you on the plane with a laminiated and incomplete COPR.

If you were able to get to a land border, would be a bit easier, but now it's up to the airlines.

Apr 19, 2024
Well, that's what I'd do, but the issue is going to be whether they'll let you on the plane with a laminiated and incomplete COPR.

If you were able to get to a land border, would be a bit easier, but now it's up to the airlines.
Do airlines check COPR for travel too? I have a visa on my passport which I think should be enough to travel…

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Do airlines check COPR for travel too? I have a visa on my passport which I think should be enough to travel…
They should let you board if you have a valid visa but why do you need a visa anyways? I don't think Canada requires any EU member state's citizen to apply for visa before travel.

Just jump on a plane with your passport and explain the situation when you land in Canada, they will sort it out.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They should let you board if you have a valid visa but why do you need a visa anyways? I don't think Canada requires any EU member state's citizen to apply for visa before travel.

Just jump on a plane with your passport and explain the situation when you land in Canada, they will sort it out.
Then ETA will be needed. Otherwise you can't just jump on a plane with your passport.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

Don't think OP is European