+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is a security deposit necessary after you have paid for Visa/ work permit?

OMBATI

Feb 13, 2024
I have an appointment letter from from Glam engineering, they are asking me to pay for visa/work permit ie 1390CAD which I have already paid and now they want me pay for security deposit to process my TFWP. Is this a scam or?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have an appointment letter from from Glam engineering, they are asking me to pay for visa/work permit ie 1390CAD which I have already paid and now they want me pay for security deposit to process my TFWP. Is this a scam or?
Scam. You will not get your money back.

Reactions: YVR123

OMBATI

Feb 13, 2024
Thank you for your response. Please enlighten me on this further because when I check on their website the address and contacts are the same.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. Please enlighten me on this further because when I check on their website the address and contacts are the same.
Many scammers have fake Canadian job sites. The Glam website is so fake. Constructions projects that aren’t even in Canada but a huge MNC in a small office building. Fake staff profiles. Google map it.

OMBATI

Feb 13, 2024
I have the address they use which is 10355 Jasper ave, North Central Edmonton, Edmonton,Alberta T5J 1Y6, Canada +1782- 482-3429 . So this could be fake address?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
I have the address they use which is 10355 Jasper ave, North Central Edmonton, Edmonton,Alberta T5J 1Y6, Canada +1782- 482-3429 . So this could be fake address?
Of course..
why did you not ask these questions here BEFORE you paid?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any channel to report this matter to for any assistance?
It is a fake site. Company doesn’t exist and no way a “multi national” is in Edmonton in a small office building sharing with a restaurant and a private college. You have been scammed. Your can report to RCMP but they will not do anything as scammers are probably not even in Canada or Canadians.

PnG

Feb 13, 2024
Hey I also have an appointment letter with them... What happened after paying?

Scammed-too

Feb 29, 2024
Good afternoon,

I am writing from Texas.

My friend has an appointment letter too from this company called Glam Engineering. I was helping a friend who contacted me to help process a fantastic and promising opportunity for an engineer without a job for over a decade. I was thrilled. However, my celebration was cut short by the "unable to deliver" autoreply from Gmail,

visa_support@glamengineering.ca.

That was the first red flag. I was skeptical and advised my friend that we were possibly dealing with a scammer.

However, I wanted this to be true. We did our research, thanks to the story of Mr. Ombati from Kenya, who was conned by this con artist masquerading as a Fortune 500 engineering company. I am really sorry, Mr Ombati, you were duped. However, sharing this has saved us from this predicament.

Thank you for the Cohen Immigration Law Firm for the forum.

Reactions: Okiengg

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Folks, I guess we need to write it somewhere and stickey it in big letters.

ALL UNSOLICITED JOB OFFERS IN CANADA ARE SCAM!

If fact, unless you know the employer VERY WELL, consider it a scam. CANADA IS IN ADMIST OF A RECESSION OF SORTS AND UNEMPLOYMENT IS INCREASING. So likely ANY job offer in Canada unless proven otherwise is a scam!

No genuine employer ASKS you to pay for your WP. Its against law.
No genuine employer asks for security deposit.

Any job offer that asks you for money is not genuine.