+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC sent a document request for CSQ with very tight deadline

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
My sponsor (wife) received sponsor approval early July and we submitted the CSQ application a few days later. The CSQ was recieved by MIFI mid-July.

IRCC has sent me an document request on GCKey for a 'replacement needed' for the CSQ. And they want it by the 19th of August!

If I don't submit it by then, the document will become OVERDUE and IRCC will proceed finalising my application lacking this document which means I will be denied PR as ineligible to immigrate to Quebec.

What should I do if I don't receive the CSQ by post by mid-August?
Should I use the upload button to upload a letter of explanation? Or should I send the letter of explanation to the CPC?
Why do they say 'replacement needed'? I never submitted nor had a CSQ!

Could it be that the officer who is dealing with my application is not familiar with how MIFI and CSQ works?

See screenshot here: https://ibb.co/JtgB4jh

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
My sponsor (wife) received sponsor approval early July and we submitted the CSQ application a few days later. The CSQ was recieved by MIFI mid-July.

IRCC has sent me an document request on GCKey for a 'replacement needed' for the CSQ. And they want it by the 19th of August!

If I don't submit it by then, the document will become OVERDUE and IRCC will proceed finalising my application lacking this document which means I will be denied PR as ineligible to immigrate to Quebec.

What should I do if I don't receive the CSQ by post by mid-August?
Should I use the upload button to upload a letter of explanation? Or should I send the letter of explanation to the CPC?
Why do they say 'replacement needed'? I never submitted nor had a CSQ!

Could it be that the officer who is dealing with my application is not familiar with how MIFI and CSQ works?

See screenshot here: https://ibb.co/JtgB4jh
Does your document say the 30 day warning??
I would submit via the GCKEY a photo of you having contacted CSQ for the CSQ and then hopefully that will get some eyes in the case that this does not get proccessed.

If you are within Canada I would call the IRCC number later today or on Monday (if it says they have too many callers just call again). Be ready to wait in a queue. Then tell the agent that you have applied for the CSQ and to please add a note.

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Does your document say the 30 day warning??
I would submit via the GCKEY a photo of you having contacted CSQ for the CSQ and then hopefully that will get some eyes in the case that this does not get proccessed.

If you are within Canada I would call the IRCC number later today or on Monday (if it says they have too many callers just call again). Be ready to wait in a queue. Then tell the agent that you have applied for the CSQ and to please add a note.
Yes it does show the 30 days warning, see here: https://imgbb.com/JtgB4jh
I have received some kind of AOR from MIFI: a letter by post confirming they have started to look into my case and a receipt of card transation (I am in Quebec).
I can scan that document and upload it, should I upload it using that 'upload button' shown in the screenshot link above? I can also add a letter of explanation as the current official timescale to get CSQ is 3 months as per MIFI website.

I can try to call IRCC and ask to add a note, but I don't trust customer service. I can email Missisagua directly as I have got their direct email address.

I have just looked at your signature and it is scary as they have rejected your application due to missing the 30 days deadline! Did you communicate with IRCC before the 30 day deadline? or just waited for CSQ and missed the deadline without informing them?

I fear that the IRCC officer misunderstood my current residential status in Quebec (I am a visitor) and are treating my application as it was inland even if it was outland...

Last edited:

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023
I have received some kind of AOR from MIFI: a letter by post confirming they have started to look into my case and a receipt of card transation (I am in Quebec).
I can scan that document and upload it, should I upload it using that 'upload button' shown in the screenshot link above? I can also add a letter of explanation as the current official timescale to get CSQ is 3 months as per MIFI website.

I can try to call IRCC and ask to add a note, but I don't trust customer service. I can email Missisagua directly as I have got their direct email address.

I have just looked at your signature and it is scary as they have rejected your application due to missing the 30 days deadline! Did you communicate with IRCC before the 30 day deadline? or just waited for CSQ and missed the deadline without informing them?

I fear that the IRCC officer misunderstood my current residential status in Quebec (I am a visitor) and are treating my application as it was inland even if it was outland...
This is my 1,000 word blurb about how my husband and I messed up the CSQ process (I just copied and pasted it as I have written about it before) :

1. ) The way IRCC sends out different sets of emails to sponsor and principal applicant leads to and has led to longer processing times and misunderstanding

2. ) IRCC I thought my application couldn't be re-opened??? Yet it re-opened so easily

3. ) It really seems to move applications forward you can't just be patient and not bother anyone. You have to *submit webforms*, call the IRCC and wait in queue, contact MP and so on.

My application is for Quebec and I had looked up what the letter we need to send to MIFI would look like for requesting CSQ and some sources said like "once Canada determines your eligibility, they will request you to request CSQ from Quebec". After 7 months on our October 2021 application background check completed. There was complete radio silence for emails and tracker updates. I tried calling IRCC between this time but the phone line was busy and I figured this was due to the Ukraine refugee situation. Then in December 2022 we got a letter sent in the mail requesting us to send the letter to MIFI to request for CSQ with a red text warning that the CSQ must to be received in 30 days.

So we, well my husband applies for the CSQ because he is the francophone in our small family and I keep failing at learning French sadly, and without CSQ I can't take free classes. Winter holiday season passes and on January 3rd I get a letter saying that our whole inland IRCC application has been withdrawn due to inadmissibility. I had just finished work and I was torn, what happens next do I leave what do I do?

This letter states that there is no chance of re-opening this application and this application is the hope of me re-uniting with my extended family, childhood/lifelong/close friends, my childhood home and my relatives with medical decline who live just 4 hours - 8 hours drive away from where I live. I was devastated like my life had just stopped after reading the email IRCC had sent to me.

My husband’s email, however, says why this had happened and gave us more anger and frustration than the one that had been sent to me. In this email it says something like we requested in February for CSQ and you haven't sent it (sorry I can't get the direct wording for this since I don't have access to my husband’s email account to get the direct wording). My husband and I spend time debating with this piece of paper asking “when?”. We review every email in my husband's inbox by searching "IRCC" and we find the AOR where it states all about what steps are going to be completed in the process biometrics, medical and such. Then we saw it, they did request for the CSQ in February.

Woman typically have better intuition/gut feeling then men. In my husband's AOR it says a bunch of text about CSQ and then asks to send this letter to MIFI (again I can't double check the exact wording because my husband likes to sleep past 12pm and it's only in his email). I believe this is one the 2nd page and again it talks about the biometric fee, medical exam requirements in this same AOR. I open up my AOR from the same day on my email and it says NOTHING about the CSQ process and or something to the likes of what should have been said "your sponsor has received a similar letter that he should send to MIFI as soon as possible to prevent inadmissibility and delay".

My husband can travel, can work in Canada, can apply for jobs in Canada, can use his healthcare and can travel to see my family in New York post-pandemic. I cannot do any of this being inland and out-of-status. I used to have dreams where I was in New York with family friends, and I was panicking asking where my husband was and if I would be able to return through the New York/Montreal Champlain border. When I got laid off from my New York remote job, I tried applying for other jobs and I would get rejected because they don't want to deal with tax implications of hiring me being my status and international location.

In an inland application, at least in our case my husband the sponsor doesn't have the same amount of care about it's processing that I the principal applicant do about it's momentum and movement. Why was this information sent to him first for his eyes to read and process? I had read over this page before and had seen where it said sent it to MIFI and told him "hey it looks like we should send this??" and then he refuted it. We had reason to refute it because I had seen on the internet in older applications there was a separate letter to send to MIFI that just included CSQ request.

The IRCC check mark portal had all greens so we thought we were just waiting on the background check. I am not sure about the GCKEY dashboard as I have never gotten the application linked properly.

1. ) The way IRCC sends out different sets of emails to sponsor and principal applicant leads to and has led to longer processing times and misunderstanding

Back to Square 1??

Appalled and angry at this we decided to make another application since it states that this application can't be re-opened and thought that appealing the decision would take a month or more. The CSQ arrived on January 12th just 9 days after the application withdrawal letter from IRCC. With the new application maybe I will get to see my family during the summer I thought.

First application re-opened??

After making our second application, our first application still showed in progress on the IRCC portal tracker so when we changed our address we figure why not ask some other questions on webform

1. What's the status of this first application, is it still open?

2. Here is our CSQ in case it's not attached to application 2 but also check the status of first application

3. Change address on application 2

The webform gets answered after a few weeks and then we hear silence again. Now unemployed and having down-time I call IRCC, put on a timer and wait in the queue. I ask the agent about application 2 and if there is anything missing and mention that I do know the background check is still on-going. I do mention the first application. He reviews the application on hold and then he tells me "everything looks good, but did you know first application is re-opened??", "huh?". "it got re-opened due to the CSQ being uploaded in due time", "okay,,,, well thank you.".

Then this week I got an AOR2 sent to my husbands account (not mine?) we paid fees on it and the eligibility status turned to "in progress" again. This application has the background check done on it so it might make movement.

Two days later I get the approved in principle (7/28/2023) for application 2 from January 2023.

2. ) IRCC I thought my application couldn't be re-opened??? Yet it re-opened so easily

3. ) It really seems to move applications forward you can't just be patient and not bother anyone. You have to *submit webforms*, call the IRCC and wait in queue, contact MP and so on.

WaitingUSAtoCAN

Jul 28, 2023

You should scan that document and upload it via webform and/or GCKEY (if it says its an available option but for me I can't understand how to upload documents on GCKEY). Then ask an agent over email and/or phone to make sure a note is made on your file being that this can take more then 30 days.

It does say on the 30 day warning to notify IRCC when you take action and from other people on the forums who have replied to similar warning for 30 days they alerted IRCC through this method.

All in all I think the process is confusing and needs better integration. My CSQ only took one month and I was very pleased with the service and communication. Although there can be delays.

Silesiana

May 30, 2023

I sent AOR via webform (10.03 request for CSQ, 13.03 docs sent to MIFI, 20.03 I got AOR from MIFI, I waited till 04.04 and sent AOR via webform, when I received CSQ my representative sent it, 13.04). At the end of July I got AIP letter for PA, so it seems that it worked well.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: WaitingUSAtoCAN

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Thank you both for the reply.

I called MIFI and it sounds like my CSQ has been approved (it took 5 working days from card charged to CSQ approved). Now I am waiting to receive it by post. It should arrive before the deadline expires.

Reactions: Silesiana