+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation for interview with official in person

Jun 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have received an invitation to appear for a citizenship interview with an official at Scarborough office. I passed my citizenship test a year ago and my status is still in progress with prohibitions and background check pending.

I was wondering what documents should l carry and what should l expect at the interview. Any advises?

Thanks.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021

Maick

Jun 8, 2024
Hi everyone!

We’ve scheduled you for an interview with a official on June 25, 2024, already passed my English and Citizenship test!

Can please someone give me a some heads up of what is about.

Thanks in advance!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
We’ve scheduled you for an interview with a official on June 25, 2024, already passed my English and Citizenship test!

Can please someone give me a some heads up of what is about.
Program Integrity interviews are part of the routine process and generally are no big deal, not at all.

The applicant is typically asked to bring the documents that copies of were submitted with the application, including passports, along with any newly issued passports or travel documents.

The interview tends to be brief, focused on questions verifying information the applicant submitted in the application.

The applicant's answer to a "where do you live?" question, for example, should be the same as the applicant's address in the application, or if that has changed, the same as the address the applicant notified IRCC about (pursuant to the applicant's agreement to notify IRCC of any changes in information in the application).

"Where do you work?" or "What do you do?" questions are common. If the applicant's answer is different from the work history information, as to work to the present as reported in the application, that could lead to some easy to answer questions, mostly just to verify the applicant's credibility. Again, brief, easy, NOT an interrogation, not at all an interrogation.

Language Ability:

Part of the interview, which typically involves some very brief casual questions, is to also assess the applicant's ability in at least one of the official languages.

You state: "already passed my English and Citizenship test!"

Generally, for those who are required to prove requisite ability in an official language, the applicant must submit proof of language ability with the application and pass the knowledge of Canada test conducted in one of the official languages, AND also demonstrate ability in an official language during a PI interview (if subject to an interview).

Apart from assessing official language ability as part of the routine interview, applicants can be retested. It is NOT likely for applicants to be retested regarding ability in an official language, or as to knowledge of Canada, but again, applicants can be retested. Many are not aware of this, because retesting is so uncommon, but just like having valid PR status (not being inadmissible, so being in compliance with the Residency Obligation for example), and having no prohibitions (a driving while impaired arrest the night before the oath will disqualify the applicant for example), are necessary requirements right up to the taking of the oath, so too are the language and knowledge of Canada requirements.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello everyone,

I have received an invitation to appear for a citizenship interview with an official at Scarborough office. I passed my citizenship test a year ago and my status is still in progress with prohibitions and background check pending.

I was wondering what documents should l carry and what should l expect at the interview. Any advises?

Thanks.

What is your timelines and are you done with your interview?