+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

rndmuser

Apr 2, 2024
Hi guys, do we get any email when PCC is initiated? or any status change?
my status is "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate" since last 4 days. Should I contact police in India now or wait for the status change/ email? thanks!
No e-mails, have to track it on their website. Contact once status changes to Police verification initiated.

arun777

Apr 2, 2024
The consular fee for PCC is now changed to 34 CAD instead of 31 CAD yesterday (April 1, 2024) without notice. I sent my application through post on March 28, 2024 and it was arrived at BLS Brampton on April 1. Do you think it will be sent back due to the change in amount? I will have to pay the shipping charge and the money order charge all over again due to this.

How to track if they have sent it back?

Thank you.

rndmuser

Apr 2, 2024
The consular fee for PCC is now changed to 34 CAD instead of 31 CAD yesterday (April 1, 2024) without notice. I sent my application through post on March 28, 2024 and it was arrived at BLS Brampton on April 1. Do you think it will be sent back due to the change in amount? I will have to pay the shipping charge and the money order charge all over again due to this.

Thank you.
I will suggest calling BLS and clarify. Postal applications are a pain and you can't get appointment without paying for their lounge.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

Thank you.
Yes . It will be 100% sent back . If they haven’t opened envelope yet , they will send application back and you have to make new money order and pay for shipping again.

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,

Can someone to applied for PCC to BLS Brampton tell what documents are needed when sending through post? I was told on call from BLS a demand draft of $38.70 and passport copy (no original). Also for status proof, they are asking for PR card copy as well as the landing paper copy. Does this sound right? Its been a while since I did my landing and I am not sure if I still have the landing paper handy. Any advise?

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
Hi, can you please list the documents you sent via purolator?

Here is update for my Wife's PCC for citizenship. Note that we have not emailed or visited CGI to get this done.

Jan 8th, 2024: Applied for PCC through Purolator
Jan 9th, 2024: Application Package received at BLS Brampton
Jan 17th, 2024: BLS update changed to: "Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center"
Feb 12th, 2024 (Approx): Online PCC Status updated to "Police verification report is clear. PCC is available for issuance"
Feb 26th, 2024: Online PCC Status updated to "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed. "
Feb 26th, 2024: BLS update changed to "Ready for Collection" (In believe they will put in Purolator and send it after this)

Will let you guys know when we receive the PCC in hand.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

Can someone to applied for PCC to BLS Brampton tell what documents are needed when sending through post? I was told on call from BLS a demand draft of $38.70 and passport copy (no original). Also for status proof, they are asking for PR card copy as well as the landing paper copy. Does this sound right? Its been a while since I did my landing and I am not sure if I still have the landing paper handy. Any advise?
Yes you need these documents. You don’t have to send anything original. Just self attested copies.

Reactions: rroh202

rndmuser

Apr 2, 2024
I visited consulate in Toronto yesterday and got the printout. If you are running against deadline and PCC is showing status as ready for issuance you can give it a try. There is an open house after lunch each Wednesday and various officials are available for redressal. They did ask proof of urgency before issuing PCC on spot.

Jan 11, 2024
I have done PCC fin August 2023 for India while I was in Canada. Now I have come to India for 2 months. 1) Do I need a new PCC or can I use the existing one? 2) Do I need PCC if Im in CEC category as Canada will be my current country of residence?

IRCC website says the following-
For any other country
For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row.

Some countries put expiry dates on their police certificates. If you have a police certificate that expired, include it. We’ll accept it if:

• it was issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row
  • it is not for the country where you currently live
Please reply.

RaviT2332

Apr 5, 2024
So let me explain my situation:

I went to passportindia gov website and applied for a PCC and then went to Brampton BLS. They told me my city is incorrect, it needs to include my state too for eg. Mumbai, India.

So, they printed out a new application form with a NEW ARN number than that of the one on my passportindia gov portal.

I pasted another picture on my form and submitted the document.

1. My question: Has this happened to anyone before? Now I am unable to track the application from passportseva gov website because it only has my old ARN number. However, when I go on BLS brampton's website and track my new ARN number it shows the following status: Processing at Consulate General.

I am assuming they created a new application on the passportseva website from their end with a new ARN number. What am I supposed to do now?? I only see the old ARN number to track on passport seva...

PLEASE HELP, MY ITA IS EXPIRING IN 22 DAYS :(

Darshan123

Jul 19, 2022

Thank you.
Hi @arun777,

I was in the same boat, and my application status shows that it is returned. I also called to BLS to enquire about this and they mentioned that it is from the consulate, so they also can’t do anything.

Dec 5, 2022
Hi guys, I applied for my PCC on 31st January and tracking on BLS website the last update I have is "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre" which happened on 5th March. Since then there have been no updates for a month. What should I do? Should I visit BLS or CGI? Its a bit urgent for me as I have to submit my PCC for my PR application.

Additionally what does the status "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre" imply?

And like @RaviT2332 BLS people created an application on my behalf since I had a mistake on my application and therefore I cant track my application on my account as the ARN of the application is not linked to my account on the website https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html . What should I do about this?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys, I applied for my PCC on 31st January and tracking on BLS website the last update I have is "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre" which happened on 5th March. Since then there have been no updates for a month. What should I do? Should I visit BLS or CGI? Its a bit urgent for me as I have to submit my PCC for my PR application.

Additionally what does the status "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre" imply?

And like @RaviT2332 BLS people created an application on my behalf since I had a mistake on my application and therefore I cant track my application on my account as the ARN of the application is not linked to my account on the website https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html . What should I do about this?
You should visit BLS . CGI sent to BLS . They either forgot to dispatch or might lost it . Best option is visit BLS and tell them that your tracker shows its with BLS.

Reactions: crashoverdrive
Dec 5, 2022

As an update to this, I emailed pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in and they said that it was with BLS. So I went to BLS during enquiry and collection time and showed them my passport and application ARN and they were able to track it down and hand it to me. Waste of 50$ of courier fee... But hey at least I got it!

Barcal

Jul 10, 2016

Thank you.
Yup same here, they just sent my application back. You'd think these idiots would not send the applications back that were sent before they changed the fee - I am assuming we'll have to repay the shipment and drop off fee again