+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

iMMIGRATON FOR A STUDENT

hseham21

Jun 30, 2006
Hi all,
I am new member to the board over here. I was adviced by my educational consultant that I cannot apply for anmmigraton to Canadas since I am having a Canadain Student Permit. Is it true? I am presently in UK and will be coming to Canada on a student Visa this August. I was thinking that I will be able to apply for the PR once I am in canada. I am actually a resident of India.

Regards
Mahesh

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hseham21 said:
Hi all,
I am new member to the board over here. I was adviced by my educational consultant that I cannot apply for anmmigraton to Canadas since I am having a Canadain Student Permit. Is it true? I am presently in UK and will be coming to Canada on a student Visa this August. I was thinking that I will be able to apply for the PR once I am in canada. I am actually a resident of India.

Regards
Mahesh

1. If you are admitted to Canada as a student for 1 year, then you can either apply to Buffalo or Delhi, if you don't have a US visitor visa, it may be iffy to apply to Buffalo, if you have to attend interview and as the apps are taking 2-4 years, you maybe not in Canada if your PR is approved and you cannot mail passports in or out of India.
2. Do you have at least 1 years continous experience in a job that is rated in the NOC at either level O or AorB?
3. Take the assessment test at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/faq/immigrating-5.html to see if you qualify.

PMM

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Your advisor doesn't know anything. There is no relationship between ur Canadian student visa and PR application. You can apply from within Canada
(to Buffalo) if you have Canadian visa for more than 1 year.

hseham21

Jun 30, 2006
Hey
Thanks a lot for the reply. I checked the NOC website and yes the work profile is rated in their web site.

Thanks a lot

zubair

Jul 2, 2006
application

hello
any one is there to tell my about canada invitation prossdure i am 25 boy applied visa to canada but they refused me i just want to know that can i apply again since i am form afghanistan and want to go to canada actually i want to start study there in canada ...