+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC young professionals from working holiday

alled

Apr 9, 2024
Hi there!

I just need some advice and guidance on me new IEC application.

Im from the UK, In 3 months my current working holiday IEC will expire. Right now i have an ITA for a Young professionals and a work place willing to provide a Job offer.

This is the job i have currently been working at for 2 years now. TEER level 0, Management level. The Job offer can start at any point i choose. Would it be better to have a start date for the job offer before, after or the day of my current visa expiry? Will this lead to a refusal at the border? Should my application be successful, can i go to the border before the current expiry to get my new permit?

I also have an OHIP card. will the officer accept that as healthcare coverage?

is there anything im missing right now?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi there!

Im from the UK, In 3 months my current working holiday IEC will expire. Right now i have an ITA for a Young professionals and a work place willing to provide a Job offer.

This is the job i have currently been working at for 2 years now. TEER level 0, Management level. The Job offer can start at any point i choose. Would it be better to have a start date for the job offer before, after or the day of my current visa expiry? Will this lead to a refusal at the border? Should my application be successful, can i go to the border before the current expiry to get my new permit?

I also have an OHIP card. will the officer accept that as healthcare coverage?

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=939&top=25

Says here what type of insurance you need . You require repatriation coverage

OHIP does not offer that

alled

Apr 9, 2024
Hi there!

I also have an OHIP VidMate card. will the officer accept that as healthcare coverage?

I got this,...