+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I would like to move to Ottawa from Montreal while my PR is in progress

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
Hi,
I am currently on a closed work permit working in Montreal.
My work permit document states that I am not authorized to work in any other location except Montreal.
I recently received ITA and submitted the documents. I would like to move to Ottawa and start working remotely while my PR application is in progress.
But I have a doubt about Ontario Health Insurance Card. Am i eligible to apply for OHIP with the work permit for Montreal location? I also have to apply OHIP card for my wife and son accordingly.
I need to take a decision in the next 2 days.
Please help.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
I am currently on a closed work permit working in Montreal.
My work permit document states that I am not authorized to work in any other location except Montreal.
I recently received ITA and submitted the documents. I would like to move to Ottawa and start working remotely while my PR application is in progress.
But I have a doubt about Ontario Health Insurance Card. Am i eligible to apply for OHIP with the work permit for Montreal location? I also have to apply OHIP card for my wife and son accordingly.
I need to take a decision in the next 2 days.
Please help.
You have received ITA so technically the process has just started and you are thinking of a change, why to risk it if there are conditions on your permit. You surely would have invested lots of hard work, time and money,why to risk for a thing which you can avoid. Rest is your wish.

vijaykrishnagv

Apr 11, 2022
You have received ITA so technically the process has just started and you are thinking of a change, why to risk it if there are conditions on your permit. You surely would have invested lots of hard work, time and money,why to risk for a thing which you can avoid. Rest is your wish.
Hi Taran, Thanks for your reply. I have selected Ontario as a province to move to after getting PR while submitting the PR application. Do i not have to move outside Quebec to assure that I am willing to move outside Quebec for the PR process?
Please suggest.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Taran, Thanks for your reply. I have selected Ontario as a province to move to after getting PR while submitting the PR application. Do i not have to move outside Quebec to assure that I am willing to move outside Quebec for the PR process?
Please suggest.
But your work permit is closed one, isn't it? Not sure but I think you will get a request for intent to live outside Quebec where you can submit the new offer of Ontario.