+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I need help

klaus

Jan 9, 2008
Hi i'm going to apply for an extension of my tourist visa, my original reason is that i got a job offer but we are still waiting for the LMO that supposed be ready on April, in the application require to mention why i want to stend my stay, obviously i can't say the true, but what can be a good reason for them? i just want to stend for 3 months, does any body know how much money do i need to prove i have to support myself for that time?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
I don't know a good reason to extend. You might mention some specific destinations you want to see. As far as money, I don't think they have a fixed sum in mind. But if you show them what you've spent so far and how much you have available, that might help.

On the broader issue of waiting until your LMO is complete, I think it's a waste of money. You're going to have to leave Canada to apply for the work permit anyway. It seems like you would spend less money in your home country than you would hanging out in Canada waiting for an LMO.

Just my opinion.

klaus

Jan 9, 2008
I want to extend my stay and the CIC web page mentioned that i have to send my application at least 30 days before my visa expires. Mine expires on feb 24th but the thing is that the time to process my case could be 68 days, so if my visa expires am i becoming ilegal or can I stay until the response of CIC?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
If your visa expires, you have to leave the country. You can't stay just because you're waiting for an LMO.

Also, you are going to have to leave to apply for the work permit. You know that, right?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=thaiguy link=topic=7075.msg21538#msg21538 date=1200415483]
If your visa expires, you have to leave the country. You can't stay just because you're waiting for an LMO.

Also, you are going to have to leave to apply for the work permit. You know that, right?
[/quote]

If you sent the request in prior to the expiry, you would have implied status until you received a response from Vegreville, either positive or negative.

PMM