+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m applying for Alberta Tech Program and My employer doesn’t know what NAICS is.

alexcas12

Nov 24, 2023
Should I be concern? I work in a small production company in Alberta. When I asked them about the NAICS code, they aren’t sure what it is. However I’m pretty sure it’s 5121.

My question is when I apply for Alberta Tech, do I need to provide an authenticated document which states the company’s NAICS?

Note: it’s a small team but I’m pretty sure it’s registered as I’m paying taxes every payday

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Should I be concern? I work in a small production company in Alberta. When I asked them about the NAICS code, they aren’t sure what it is. However I’m pretty sure it’s 5121.

My question is when I apply for Alberta Tech, do I need to provide an authenticated document which states the company’s NAICS?

Note: it’s a small team but I’m pretty sure it’s registered as I’m paying taxes every payday
NAICS codes are under stats canada domain . Have your employer look under there

https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1181553

Apolzer

Mar 4, 2024

Hi Alexcas12,

I am in same situation, I asked my employer, and they don't know what is NAICS. I sent them the link to explain what is NAICS for. What happens in your situation? Best regards

Can87

Mar 20, 2016
Hi All,

I need expert advice to find out correct NAICS code.

My employer provides data and analytics solutions to businesses through services including software/database development, data analysis, integration and business intelligence.

Since, it is small company in Alberta and I checked with my employer and he is not sure about NAICS code.

Could you please help me to identify correct NAICS code?

My NOC code :- 21223 (Database Analysts and Data Administrators.)

avidqtaqtx

Apr 18, 2021
Hi All,

I need expert advice to find out correct NAICS code.

My employer provides data and analytics solutions to businesses through services including software/database development, data analysis, integration and business intelligence.

Since, it is small company in Alberta and I checked with my employer and he is not sure about NAICS code.

Could you please help me to identify correct NAICS code?

My NOC code :- 21223 (Database Analysts and Data Administrators.)
Given the nature of your employer's services, NAICS code 5415 appears to be the most appropriate classification. However, it's advisable to confirm this with your employer or consult with relevant authorities for precise classification.
Go through this information with your employer or HR to assist them in understanding. At the end of the day, they are providing a service, so it's perplexing why it's proving difficult to figure out the code lol or perhaps they simply prefer not to be burdened with additional task!