+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to properly calculate points for work experience (Skilled Worker Programm)

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Good evening, there are couple of questions which intersect with each other:

"Combien de mois d’expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel) avez-vous acquis, tous territoires confondus, au cours des cinq dernières années ?"

+

"Combien de mois d’expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel) avez-vous acquis, au Québec, au cours des cinq dernières années ?" / "Combien de mois d’expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel) avez-vous acquis dans le reste du Canada, au cours des cinq dernières années ?"

I have been working 4 years outside of Canada and one year in Quebec, does it count as 48 months or 60 in the first question?

one year in Quebec - I've been working remotely from Montreal for Toronto's company - does it count as Quebec or Canadian experience?

"Occupez-vous un emploi actuellement ?" - "Quelle est la durée en mois de votre expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel), acquise dans cette profession ? "

I work for the company mentioned in the previous section ( one year in Quebec), 1 year, does it count as well? It seems this case gives points for two sections..

"Avez-vous une offre d'emploi validée ? "

It is still the same company as in the previous section, does it give points too?

Looks like if you work one year in Quebec already and your employer may give you a validated job offer, you can get points with the same job for

"Combien de mois d’expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel) avez-vous acquis, au Québec, au cours des cinq dernières années ?"

+

"Quelle est la durée en mois de votre expérience professionnelle à temps plein (30 heures par semaine ou l’équivalent à temps partiel), acquise dans cette profession ? "

+

"Avez-vous une offre d'emploi validée ? "

right?

Thank you in advance.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
"How many months of full-time work experience (30 hours per week or the part-time equivalent) have you acquired, across all territories, in the last five years?"
Answer = 60 months
+

"How many months of full-time work experience (30 hours per week or the equivalent part-time) have you acquired in Quebec over the past five years?" /
Answer = 0 months (Because your employer is not registered in Quebec and if you are not serving any client in Quebec)

"How many months of full-time work experience (30 hours per week or part-time equivalent) have you had in the rest of Canada in the last five years?"
Answer = 12 months

"Are you currently employed?" - "What is the duration in months of your full-time professional experience (30 hours per week or the equivalent part-time), acquired in this profession?"

I work for the company mentioned in the previous section ( one year in Quebec), 1 year, does it count as well? It seems this case gives points for two sections..
Answer = Yes (But you are still working for Toronto. You should not consider it for Quebec)

"Do you have a validated job offer ?"

It is still the same company as in the previous section, does it give points too?
Answer = No

A validated job is that when a Quebec-based company offers a permanent position to someone and then applies for his employee to minister of Quebec (MIFI). The job is only validated when MIFI approves it through official procedure available at

https://www.quebec.ca/emploi/emploi-et-gestion-de-personnel/recruter/hire-immigrant/hire-worker-foreign-permanent/conditions-validation-permanent-employment-skilled-worker

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Complicated part is that my employer has a business unit in Montreal and they may help me and prepare validated by MIFI offer.

I understand then offer will give points for offer section, but still confused about Québec / non Québec experience:

Work for company X having job offer from Toronto business unit one year, get the validated by MIFI job offer from the same company X but from Montreal business unit. Then all experience prior to the offer from Montreal will be treated as Canadian, but not Québec, Quebec experience only for the period starting from getting offer from the Montreal business unit?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Complicated part is that my employer has a business unit in Montreal and they may help me and prepare validated by MIFI offer.

I understand then offer will give points for offer section, but still confused about Québec / non Québec experience:

Work for company X having job offer from Toronto business unit one year, get the validated by MIFI job offer from the same company X but from Montreal business unit. Then all experience prior to the offer from Montreal will be treated as Canadian, but not Québec, Quebec experience only for the period starting from getting offer from the Montreal business unit?
What is the address of work place mentioned in your offer letter?

For validated job offer first you should discuss and confirm with your employer. Not every employer help their employees with this.

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
In the original job offer (which I had accepted after the hiring process) it is ON address, but then, when I asked for proof of employment recently for banks, they gave me a letter where the QC office is mentioned.

Yes, we already discussed it with them, and they are ready to help with the validated offer if I am very confident it would be enough for me to get a PR. The issue is I am not very confident since my current experience is vague and if it's treated as non-QC experience, a chance to get a PR is not 100% ( but if it would be treated as QC experience, this is another story).

grzegorz

May 9, 2023
Answer = Yes (But you are still working for Toronto. You should not consider it for Quebec)
Good day, I am reviewing again this topic and would like to double check - am I eligible to answer "YES" in that section if currently I work for Toronto's company, but I am located in Montreal? Or I can answer "YES" only if my employer is QC company? Thanks.