+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to obtain a work permit as a visitor in Cameroon

NdiBelle

Aug 20, 2023
Hello there!
please am new to Canada l have been here for a few days with a multiple entry visitor visa. How do I apply for a work permit to change my status? How much will it cost? what documents do I need for the application? and where do I apply? Please someone should help me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there!
please am new to Canada l have been here for a few days with a multiple entry visitor visa. How do I apply for a work permit to change my status? How much will it cost? what documents do I need for the application? and where do I apply? Please someone should help me.
You are not eligible for a work permit. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. Most if not all jobs posted will say that you must be a citizen, PR or a person with work authorization to apply so no point in applying for those jobs.

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok thank you. So where do I search for Jobs with LMIA? I badly need a job
Apply on online sites like Indeed. You came a visitor so not expected to work but are here for tourism. FYI - you need to find an employer with a LMIA and that could take months then you apply for a closed work permit. That will take 4 to 5 months. So expect anywhere between 6-12 months depending on how fast you get an approved LMIA.

How long are you allowed to stay upon entry?

Last edited:

Martha2018

Oct 26, 2017
Dear Members,

Please guide me with the below :

I am 48 years old. I worked in admin for 15 years. Past 5 years I have been a homemaker but I have worked remotely as a digital marketer. While applying for a visit visa (TRV) I mentioned only I am a homemaker. I hold a Canada visit and US visit visa valid for 8 years. I am planning to go to Canada in December.

How to get approved LMIA while being on visit. How to convert a visit to a work permit and how long does it take to convert? How many years I can work on a work permit

What are the chances of getting PR at this age?

Also, my daughter is studying in Canada on a study permit. I have another daughter who is in class 11 (CBSE SCHOOL) studying in my home country. Is she eligible to study in Canada if I get my work permit and what she can study after class 11 CBSE?

Kindly help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Members,

Please guide me with the below :

I am 48 years old. I worked in admin for 15 years. Past 5 years I have been a homemaker but I have worked remotely as a digital marketer. While applying for a visit visa (TRV) I mentioned only I am a homemaker. I hold a Canada visit and US visit visa valid for 8 years. I am planning to go to Canada in December.

How to get approved LMIA while being on visit. How to convert a visit to a work permit and how long does it take to convert? How many years I can work on a work permit

What are the chances of getting PR at this age?

Also, my daughter is studying in Canada on a study permit. I have another daughter who is in class 11 (CBSE SCHOOL) studying in my home country. Is she eligible to study in Canada if I get my work permit and what she can study after class 11 CBSE?

Kindly help.
You cannot convert a permit. You need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer who pays and applies for a LMIA. The LMIA proves that no one in Canada has skills, education to do the job, only you. Once you have an approved LMIA then you apply for a closed work permit. You show your experience to do the job through employment letters, education (ECA) etc. Depending on how fast you get a job with LMIA and then apply for a work permit, it can take months to a year. Or you don’t get a LMIA or are approved. IRCC will determine length.

Chances of PR are very low due to age. You want to get a high skilled job. Do you have high IELTS scores and do you have ECA for your education. What province are you moving to?

As for your younger daughter, it is possible she can study her final year of high school.