Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
mead said:
bill is a note like a 10 rupee note....$20 bill is a $20 note ..u can get change anywhere u get foreign exchange like in banks ..foreign exchange agents etc....
thanx mead for reply i talk to many exchange agents like thomas cook,western union and money gram they all said u can't get anything below 5$. No coin nothing can u plz tell me what can i do.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
sandhuboy said:
thanx mead for reply i talk to many exchange agents like thomas cook,western union and money gram they all said u can't get anything below 5$. No coin nothing can u plz tell me what can i do.
ok no problem....u can always buy something on the airport and get change if u need it.....or get change at airport exchanges....use vending machines to get change... as long as u have some cash u can always manage

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Convert to Canadian dollars this way the pile wont be so thick put it in your underwear. Not many people will see you in a birthday suit unless security decides to do a cavity search

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
arre chill maar mere yaar...why taking so much stress?? ur travelling to Canada, not planet Mars!! RELAX!
Get your money converted anywhere you like except the Airport...but like others said, go to some local forex dealer rather than big cos. And don't worry, there's hardly a chance that you will be given fake notes...I mean if these guys do such things...inko market mein baithne kaun dega? Public joote maar ke bhaga degi!! So unless you're trusting some random guy in a remote place sitting in some dark alley...you won't get fake currency!
And stop stressing about the exchange dealer...at most there will be a difference of 10-30 cents...and it's not like you need to get thousands and thousands of dollars...just 2-3k. So doesn't matter really. Imagine just few days ago...you were talkin of mega expensive flight tickets...in comparison to that...this is nothing! Typical case of penny wise pound foolish.
Just get your money converted anywhere...period!
I didn't know half of the information what you know now from this forum. I landed in Canada with a stack of $100 bills and no change...but does that mean I couldn't get a trolley and I lifted 3 bags on my back? Of course not!! The security guard helped me...gave me change for a $100!

Moral of the story is that stop stressing and chill...as long as you land in 1 piece...it's all good!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Ameet, and yeah as Mead said you you can get it at any vendor from the airport. Why would you need too much of coins? Once you land, I understand you need coins say at max 5 to 6, first to take a trolley and second to make a few calls from the airport if required.

so even if you have 100$ bill, you buy a coffee for $2 and get the change as much as you want. It should really not be a concern. So enjoy your flight and welcome to Canada.

Cheers!

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
thanx bro. If u guy know any thing about regina and u of r. Please tell me life weather jobs study .rooms expensise for a mouth.

nssnick

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
vishal23489 said:
@ nssnick - one of my friend leaving there told me to carry some where around 500-700$ in travel card for axis bank...
private banks will give us good rate...

we also need some bills of small amounts for trolly at airport...

btw, which college and what course for you are going ?
Humber-IT Solutions, you? where are you from?

nssnick

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
sabby2612 said:
Sir, when I said Tom, Dick and harry, i think you took it to literally. I meant not to top notch people such as Thomas Cook, but then agents who are in business for long. I am not talking about taking it from a hawker. And you can always ask them for a receipt but of course that will then include taxes which will be paid out of your pocket.
Hmm...How about SBI,PNB banks? Any experience with them?