+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to avoid bank account frozen/closed when wire transfer large sum of money from home country after landing???

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Then I should just use employment verification letter, pay stub, bank statement etc.. anything missing here?
You do not have to provide any documentation in order to do the transfer on the CDA end. The bank is required by law to report any deposits/transfers over $10k, that is a normal thing in Canada. Keep the docs you have in case there are questions that come up if they want to check into it.

You are also allowed to bring with you, on your person monetary instruments whether it is cash, travelers cheques, bank drafts, stock certificates etc. with you when you travel. At customs anything over $10k HAS to be declared but that will not make it subject to seizure or penalties. Only if you don't declare it to customs it could be a problem resulting in seizure and a fine.

Being a new immigrant the chances of you having a problem is very small. As mentioned above you could choose to carry some of it with you and transfer the rest. It was also mentioned you could use a number of different accounts at different banks. IMO that is a bad idea, the governing body will see 4 transfers to 4 different banks rather than just one, they would know it is all the same person and that would raise more questions in their mind.

Ultimately the choice is yours but it is better to keep it simple.

Reactions: TADF chemist

TADF chemist

Jul 2, 2018
You do not have to provide any documentation in order to do the transfer on the CDA end. The bank is required by law to report any deposits/transfers over $10k, that is a normal thing in Canada. Keep the docs you have in case there are questions that come up if they want to check into it.

You are also allowed to bring with you, on your person monetary instruments whether it is cash, travelers cheques, bank drafts, stock certificates etc. with you when you travel. At customs anything over $10k HAS to be declared but that will not make it subject to seizure or penalties. Only if you don't declare it to customs it could be a problem resulting in seizure and a fine.

Being a new immigrant the chances of you having a problem is very small. As mentioned above you could choose to carry some of it with you and transfer the rest. It was also mentioned you could use a number of different accounts at different banks. IMO that is a bad idea, the governing body will see 4 transfers to 4 different banks rather than just one, they would know it is all the same person and that would raise more questions in their mind.

Ultimately the choice is yours but it is better to keep it simple.
The suggestion of having some cash (like 10K as someone suggested) while the rest wired is a very good one.
Indeed, I planned to have two bank accounts for transfer. 4 is too many for me.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
The suggestion of having some cash (like 10K as someone suggested) while the rest wired is a very good one.
Indeed, I planned to have two bank accounts for transfer. 4 is too many for me.
10, 20 50k with you isn't a problem, just make sure you declare it at customs.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
When I saw your profile, the following words stood out "prostitution", "leolist", etc. I saw a scammer doing it in past and mistook you for one. I went in again and you don't seem to be one. You sure picked a topic that usually is abused by spammers. My mistake here though.