+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Home Support Worker Pilot timeline

Weeks

Apr 16, 2024
Hi there!

I am new to this program (As I'm sure others are) and I am an employer living with a disability looking to hire a new caregiver. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on what the approximate timeline is for recruiting and hiring a replacement caregiver? Also, does anyone know how close it is to being capped off? I read somewhere that they accept 5500 or 5000 applications per year between the childcare stream, and the Home Support Worker Pilot persons with disabilities stream

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there!

I am new to this program (As I'm sure others are) and I am an employer living with a disability looking to hire a new caregiver. Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on what the approximate timeline is for recruiting and hiring a replacement caregiver? Also, does anyone know how close it is to being capped off? I read somewhere that they accept 5500 or 5000 applications per year between the childcare stream, and the Home Support Worker Pilot persons with disabilities stream
Home support worker is still open but the pilot ends in June with no government announcement on continuation or new guidelines. Is your employee in Canada with an open work permit? Do you live in Quebec? If no then processing time is about 32 months.

1234@yug

Jul 7, 2023
We applied in Aug 2022 Home support Worker
Document requested since Jan 2024
- employers letter
- experience letter
-PCC
Now medical in April ( submitted )

How long to get passport request now?

May 1, 2024
Help needed!!!

I work under an agency as home support worker. Basically,
I will be completing my one-year experience as a Home Support Worker (HSW) with my company on May 8th, 2024.

My concern is
During the initial phase of my employment, I faced challenges as my company was unable to provide me with the required 30-hour workweek. Consequently, I have to work an additional 10 weeks to fulfill the program's one-year experience requirement.Thats is till july 27th,2024 .Unfortunately, program ends on june17th,2024.Therefore i can't apply through direct pr category.
, should i apply through gaining category or direct pr category.
If i apply in gaining category , as per the requirement: i should work under a private person right; it shouldn't be a business. I give community care but i work through a company. Should i need any documents or can i apply if i work under a company.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Help needed!!!

I work under an agency as home support worker. Basically,
I will be completing my one-year experience as a Home Support Worker (HSW) with my company on May 8th, 2024.

My concern is
During the initial phase of my employment, I faced challenges as my company was unable to provide me with the required 30-hour workweek. Consequently, I have to work an additional 10 weeks to fulfill the program's one-year experience requirement.Thats is till july 27th,2024 .Unfortunately, program ends on june17th,2024.Therefore i can't apply through direct pr category.
, should i apply through gaining category or direct pr category.
If i apply in gaining category , as per the requirement: i should work under a private person right; it shouldn't be a business. I give community care but i work through a company. Should i need any documents or can i apply if i work under a company.?
You need to be an employee for a person in their for the program, and have a job offer. New pilot rules have yet to be announced. When does your current work permit expire? Do you have a job offer that meets requirements?

May 1, 2024
You need to be an employee for a person in their for the program, and have a job offer. New pilot rules have yet to be announced. When does your current work permit expire? Do you have a job offer that meets requirements?

When they are going to say about the new rules as the program is going to end on june17th?

My work permit ends on march 21,2026. No i have all the requirements to apply under direct pr category except this my company didn't give me 30 hours on the intial period so i need to work additional two weeks after the expire date.

Can i submit the application under pr category with my concerns saying only two weeks things.?

Under direct pr category, i can work under a company.