+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Regarding Study Program Competition/PGWP Experts help required

Aamir.Ali

Apr 20, 2024
Hey I have been pursuing a masters of engineering program in Canada and according to my school the program requires us to compete 10 courses and takes around 16-24 months to compete ,summers are scheduled break and we are allowed 8 months of co-op:
I started my program in Winter 2023 and took the following route:

TERMENROLLMENT STATUSPROGRAM PROGRESSION
WINTER 2023FULL TIME4 COURSES +worked Part-time
SUMMER 2023SCHEDULED BREAKWORKED FULLTIME (NO COURSES)
FALL 2023FULL TIME1 ST COOP TERM + PART TIME JOB
WINTER 2024FULL TIME2 ND COOP TERM + 1 COURSE+ PART TIME JOB
Now since I have completed 50 % of the requires courses and summer 2024 is approaching I was thinking to take 1 course in summer 2024 as this is a scheduled break for my program and do the remaining courses in fall 2024 as follows:
TERMENROLLMENT STATUSPROGRAM PROGRESSION
SUMMER 2024SCHEDULED BREAK (Part Time)1 course + summer job
FALL 2024FULL TIME4 courses (Degree course work complete)

So considering the above study routes that I am taking/will take I have the following questions:
1- Am I in any kind of violation because as per my knowledge I am maintaining full-time student status in all terms except the summer 2024.?
2-Will expediting my course work by taking courses during summer and co-op term put me in any difficult situation while applying for PGWP?
3-Does IRCC count co-op terms in length of study while awarding PGWP ?
4-I have read that IRCC looks at out program length defined by the school which is up to 24 months not how much time we took to complete it ,so will I be able to get a 3 year PGWP?

I would highly appreciate if the experts could give their 2 cents over this as I am anxious and overthinking regarding this matter.